1.    #1  
    FYI, there have been some major design changes to http://www.vajacases.com.

However, no word on the iVolution for the 600 as of yet.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    I just emailed them this morning and cancelled my Treo 600 case. They must hate Treocentral -- I basically stated "people on Treocentral are complaining about the auto-answer, so I want to cancel my order, and substitute an Ivolution."

So I asked to substitute an Ivolution, but they declined to do so. Rather, they said they would just issue me a full refund, and then email me when the Ivolutions are ready for the Treo 600. Also, I noticed that they aren't advertising the Ivolution on their website anymore. They say it is coming, but I'm thinking it might be awhile before we see it.

I'm not sure at this point what I want for the Treo 600 -- but I'm glad I cancelled the Vaja. For $85 it needs to be perfect (I know some of you paid much more than that for a color other than black) -- and it doesn't sound like things are perfect yet.

So what other cases should I look at? I had an EB for my Visor Prism, but the Slipper Treo 600 doesn't have me excited yet.

Anyone else cancel their Vaja order?
    Soooo....Why is everyone beating on Vaja cases when ANYTHING that presses on the spacebar would trigger the same problem? Seems kind of silly to think that the leather case is the problem here. Newsflash...you'd have the same problem if you had *nothing* covering the front, and you just leaned on the spacebar in your pocket. We're talking about leather here, folks. Here's another news flash...leather will flex. I just crack up reading people saying "oh! this is *un* acceptable!" They're selling a leather case. What exactly do you think you're buying?
    jello
    The Nutshell case I bought does the same thing. Verrrrry annoying.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    its the best leather case out.

I dont understand all these people who want a phone style case for a treo 600.

Ya it may be a little easier to take a call ( a few seconds at most) but the most expensive and fragile part of the phone is not protected.

Also García from Vaja says it will be some time before an i-volution is out. I cant let the treo suffer until then

Good luck on your case quest.

Force
    Originally posted by jellolee
    Soooo....Why is everyone beating on Vaja cases when ANYTHING that presses on the spacebar would trigger the same problem? Seems kind of silly to think that the leather case is the problem here. Newsflash...you'd have the same problem if you had *nothing* covering the front, and you just leaned on the spacebar in your pocket. We're talking about leather here, folks. Here's another news flash...leather will flex. I just crack up reading people saying "oh! this is *un* acceptable!" They're selling a leather case. What exactly do you think you're buying?
    Absolutely right! I spent my childhood working around horses and the associated leather tack & saddle. When my Vaja case arrived and I noted the "auto answer" delimma, I set out to fix it be stretching the snap-tongue. I placed the (powered off) Treo in its Vaja case, slid the stylus in across the bottom, right below the spacebar, and then rotated the stylus wide-side-up until it pushed the cover away from the unit at the bottom, stretching the snap-tongue. I left it like this overnight and the problem was gone the next morning. I have continued this for a week to ensure that the leather does not "recover".

Sempere Vaja!!!

Cal Stuart
    news flash,
    the whole spacebar problem is a software problem, not the case. The treo 600 should have a setting to turn off the spacebar to activate the call. Seems to be PalmOne's problem.