Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    After nearly 3 weeks I think I've managed to find something wrong with my Treo 600.

Whenever I change the battery, the battery level indicator freezes. For example, I run the battery down to 20%, the LED flashes red and pocket tunes gives me warninigs that my battery is about to fail. So I plug it in overnight and in the morning the LED is flashing green as you'd expect and Pocket Tunes gives no warninigs. Except that the Battery monitor in the top corner of the screen sticks at 20%. A soft reset appears to put the indicator back to normal, but only until next time I change the phone, at which point it sticks again.

Anyone else noticed this? any ideas as to why this might be happening? The LED works properly (ie goes red at the right times).

Rich
    Try soft reseting while the 600 is connected to the charger and is charging. I believe this resets the charging circuitry. Its a shot in the dark, but worth a try.
    Originally posted by Richks
    After nearly 3 weeks I think I've managed to find something wrong with my Treo 600.

Whenever I change the battery, the battery level indicator freezes. For example, I run the battery down to 20%, the LED flashes red and pocket tunes gives me warninigs that my battery is about to fail. So I plug it in overnight and in the morning the LED is flashing green as you'd expect and Pocket Tunes gives no warninigs. Except that the Battery monitor in the top corner of the screen sticks at 20%. A soft reset appears to put the indicator back to normal, but only until next time I change the phone, at which point it sticks again.

Anyone else noticed this? any ideas as to why this might be happening? The LED works properly (ie goes red at the right times).

Rich
    Rich --

The soft reset is the solution to the problem. Glad you were able to get things right again.

As a friendly suggestion ... please try a search first ... there are several good threads already on this subject. If you could not find your answer, put a little disclaimer in your post, like, tried a search and couldn't find what I needed. This will keep you from getting flamed or scolded by anyone.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Originally posted by tjd414

Rich --

The soft reset is the solution to the problem. Glad you were able to get things right again.

So you think I have to soft reset every time I charge the phone? Irritating, but not the end of the world.

Originally posted by tjd414
    As a friendly suggestion ... please try a search first ... there are several good threads already on this subject. If you could not find your answer, put a little disclaimer in your post, like, tried a search and couldn't find what I needed. This will keep you from getting flamed or scolded by anyone.
    I did search, and found nothing. But yes I ought to put a disclaimer at the top. I also looked at the TREO600ESSENTIALS faq and didn't find an answer, so I assumed that it was a one off. Ho hum...
    I've had this same issue several times. The odd thing is that when I go to BatteryGraph to view the battery status, the readings show a full chrge as expected!? Anyway, a soft reset does eventually correct the problem; however, it's annoying having to continuously remove the stylus pin in order to do the reset. To solve that I downloaded RNS's Soft Reset which seems to work fine...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks for another great utility recommendation Gfunkmagic. I think you should start a new thread and list all of the software and utilities and (what they do ) that you have on your 600. I know I have personally benefitted many times from your recommendations.

Looking forward to your new post.