Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I have the demo of cell plan, I like it and was going to buy it but $12.99 seems a little steep for just tracking minutes.

    Has anyone tested any of the cheaper minutes tracker and found one that does the job?

    Thanks for any help!

    P.S. I'm a member since October. I find this board to be one of the most productive of any of the others I'm a member of, and the least vicious in terms of personal attack. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Some carriers allow you to check your minute usage on their websites. I know T-Mobile does, and I'm pretty sure AT&T does too. Not sure about any others since those are the only two carriers I've used so far.

    As far as actually programs go, I don't know of any besides Cell Plan Tracker and that's too expensive I assume.
  3. #3  
    As I await the Tmo Treo, I'll try to improve my karma by helping out a pardnah
    http://natara.com/Comet/index.cfm

    Related forum board there confirms compatibility with Treo 600. Includes a desktop component; see multiple screenshots accessible at the above URL. I've found all of Natara's products to be user-friendly, stable, and incredibly helpful. Responsiveness to customers is also top-notch! You'll wanna check out the Comet forum for more hands-on info.

    Generous fully-featured trial available, so have fun.
  4. #4  
    Minutes PLUS

    Sprint also allows you to track the minutes on their website for free.

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  5.    #5  
    Just so everyone will know -- I have Sprint, but it does not accurately track minutes for shared plans. If anyone who shares minutes has figured out a way to accurately gage this, please let me know.

    But that's why I'm looking for software to do it.
  6. #6  
    Hmmm...what problems are you having with Sprint? Also, the Minutes Plus application should work fine, provided that all your phones are running Palm OS.

    cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by wheresmy600
    Just so everyone will know -- I have Sprint, but it does not accurately track minutes for shared plans. If anyone who shares minutes has figured out a way to accurately gage this, please let me know.

    But that's why I'm looking for software to do it.
    That's exactly why I purchased Natara's Comet. I use a custom filter that I defined within the program to track anytime minutes on Treo 600 since it's a shared line and Sprint's stupid system doesn't count PCS-to-PCS minutes correctly on shared lines. Basically my filter takes all the anytime minutes(you can define what hours define anytime minutes in Comet) and filter out all the known phone prefixes for Sprint PCS numbers in my area and I have my anytime minute usage. You can also define the billing period and archive the call log so that I can back and reference any of the previous billing periods. So far, it's worked very well. I think my worst case has been within maybe 5 minutes or so of the actual usage that Sprint's showing on the website so I'm happy. Comet is a very good program and the developers are eager to listen to suggestions. It's been a worthwhile $9.99.
  8.    #8  
    When you have a shared minutes plan, for all phones other than the primary, it lumps all their minutes used into anytime minutes. Thus, even if the user makes a call from one sprint phone to another (which is free on our plan) it deducts it from anytime minutes. This is corrected on the actual invoice, but there is no way to track it before the end of the billing cycle.

    Actually, Sprint admits this, so if anyone has figured out a work-around, please share! thanks.
  9. #9  
    for t-mo #646# dial will get you minutes usage.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by cash70
    Minutes PLUS

    Sprint also allows you to track the minutes on their website for free.

    cash70

    Thanks for your reply. The posters here at Treocentral are an amazing resource.
  11. #11  
    I really am glad that Minutes Plus works on the Treo 600. I had the previous version on my Kyocera 6035 and when I upgraded to the Samsungs (I300 then I330) this would not work on them. I am glad to be back with a good on the phone minute tracker.
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    for t-mo #646# dial will get you minutes usage.
    When I enter #646# on my Tmobile I get a message"Sending your request to the network this may take several seconds" then nothing, is this code specific to your calling area or plan?
    No good deed goes unpunished
  13. #13  
    Installed it, seems to work great...........nice find!

    Originally posted by cash70
    Minutes PLUS
    No good deed goes unpunished
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by wheresmy600
    When you have a shared minutes plan, for all phones other than the primary, it lumps all their minutes used into anytime minutes. Thus, even if the user makes a call from one sprint phone to another (which is free on our plan) it deducts it from anytime minutes. This is corrected on the actual invoice, but there is no way to track it before the end of the billing cycle.

    Actually, Sprint admits this, so if anyone has figured out a work-around, please share! thanks.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just got Cell Plan Tracker. What's $12? if you go 20 minutes over your anytime limit, you've already spent $12. Just get CPT for the secondary phone (I haven't tried Minutes Plus, though I like that CPT gives you a percentage of use for your billing cycle). Track your primary phone online and add those accurately counted anytime minutes to those tracked. Remember to add any PCS numbers to the list of free calls if you have unlimited PCS-PCS calls (which I *highly* recommend getting) so they are not added to your anytime minutes.

    I spoke several times to Sprint--mysteriously, they have no way of parsing minutes until your bill is prepared.

    Amazing oversight (or ploy) by Sprint!

    Good Luck!!
  15. #15  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $works$ $for$ $all$ $T$-$Mobile$ $plans$ ($except$ $prepaid$). $For$ $prepaid$, $enter$ #$999$# $to$ $get$ $the$ $same$ $result$. $Sometimes$ $it$ $is$ $down$, $but$ $I$ $usually$ $get$ $a$ $message$ $to$ $check$ $back$ $later$ $when$ #$646$# $is$ $down$....


    Originally posted by Prismatic


    When I enter #646# on my Tmobile I get a message"Sending your request to the network this may take several seconds" then nothing, is this code specific to your calling area or plan?
  16. j$hort's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #16  
    #646# worked like a charm for me..are there more of these codes published anywhere? You can remember 646 by corresponding to the "MIN" letters on a standard phone keypad.

    This is a nice addition to the Favorites on my Treo 600...
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by j$hort
    #646# worked like a charm for me..are there more of these codes published anywhere? You can remember 646 by corresponding to the "MIN" letters on a standard phone keypad.

    This is a nice addition to the Favorites on my Treo 600...
    not really. there is a code that will tell you your number, but i don't remember it.


    I did post it in the gsm forum a couple of months ago.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by jskier
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $works$ $for$ $all$ $T$-$Mobile$ $plans$ ($except$ $prepaid$). $For$ $prepaid$, $enter$ #$999$# $to$ $get$ $the$ $same$ $result$. $Sometimes$ $it$ $is$ $down$, $but$ $I$ $usually$ $get$ $a$ $message$ $to$ $check$ $back$ $later$ $when$ #$646$# $is$ $down$....
    Thanks tried it again today and it worked fine, must of been down when I tried it the first time, weird that it didn't error out or give me some type of message.

    Just added this to my favorites, Thanks Jskier and Felipe!!!
    No good deed goes unpunished

Posting Permissions