1.    #1  
    Okay, I know there is a beta going on, but I don't want to jump on that boat just yet.

With the treo 600 and agendus 6, the jog dial doesn't work at all. I can't scroll to the next day. I need to use the stylus.

Anyone else seeing this.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    Okay, I know there is a beta going on, but I don't want to jump on that boat just yet.

With the treo 600 and agendus 6, the jog dial doesn't work at all. I can't scroll to the next day. I need to use the stylus.

Anyone else seeing this.
    No one disputes the lack of 5 way nav in version 6. Everyone who uses Agendus with a brand new Palm device sees this. When version 6 was sold, there were, to my knowledge, no Palm devices which had a 5 way pad.

That is one of the main improvements being added to version 7. And because most purchasers of the Treo 600 want 5 way nav implementation immediately and would rather not wait, iambic is making it available, as they continue to work on version 7, as long as folks accept and acknowledge that it is a beta work-in-progress, as they add other features too.

An argument could be made that maybe they have not been as fast as others in getting this feature added, but my impression is that the delay is mainly due to the fact they are also working on a number of other enhancements to be included in version 7, and they don't want to be in the position of charging for an upgrade just to add 5 way nav.

Therefore, as a heavy daily user of Agendus and a new switcher from Treo 300 to 600, I for one appreciate what iambic has done as a free, interim measure.

The fact that DateBk always comes out with additions in a faster single add-on stream than Agendus does is not hard to understand. DateBk is a non-profit labor of love by a very charitable single person with one product. iambic is a business enterprise which needs to sell their upgrades and make a profit, so they can't keep adding things one at a time every couple months for free and nobody is going to pay for each single enhancement step. But if you count on the more sophisticated semi-relational case or client management features of Agendus, there is no comparison IMHO.

NateS

(Not connected with iambic in any way except as a satisfied user.)