Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody see the Treo 600 ad in Time magazine this week (diabetes on cover)? Its a cardboard stock insert, with an actual size cutout of the T600 lightly glued on. Asking you to take it off, hold it, get a load of the size and all that you can do with it, etc. A pretty nice ad; it must've cost a bundle.

I'm a TIME subscriber, I can't vouch for whether or not ad copy is different in subscriber vs. newstand editions.
    Just checked mail-subscription copy - Northern Virginia - no TREO ad at all much less an insert.

Must have been a targeted-market localized copy that had that insert.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    They have that same ad in the new PC Mag also.
    Yesterday afternoon, I heard a radio ad from AT&T for the Treo 600 on WABC.
    <a href="http://billkosloskymd.typepad.com/wirelessdoc/">Wireless Doc the blog</a>
  5. KBS
    Saw the ad yesterday in Time, too (subscription). Interesting considering the apparent lack of inventory.
    I saw a couple of print ads in the San Francisco Chronicle the other day. AT&T was advertising both the Treo and the Blackberry.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Just checked mail-subscription copy - Northern Virginia - no TREO ad at all much less an insert.

Must have been a targeted-market localized copy that had that insert.
    Curious. I recieved the ad in my Time. Im in Falls Church. Also did any one notice the unbranded BLACK GSM treo on the back of the ad? That is sexy . I want one.

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
    I saw the ad last week in either Business Week or Fortune. Still waiting on backorder.
    I had my Treo in hand while reading Time and had to place it on the image to make sure it was really actual size

-- Vikram
    Originally posted by daftgem

Curious. I recieved the ad in my Time. Im in Falls Church. Also did any one notice the unbranded BLACK GSM treo on the back of the ad? That is sexy . I want one.
    Anyone have a photo of this "black beauty"?

/Christopher
    > ...Falls Church...

I'm in Chantilly/Centreville - just rechecked - no palmOne ads at all (indeed, only a Dell ad and an AT&T ad and a Sprint ad, I think).

Where internal to the magazine was this TREO and what articles are adjacent to it?

(just curious - seems fairly narrow-focused market-targeting).
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 12/03/2003 at 02:42 PM.
    The ad was in my subscriber Business Week (The Rise of India on the cover) had the glued on GSM Treo 600...the back of the page had a picture of the Sprint Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by grenness

Anyone have a photo of this "black beauty"?

/Christopher
    To me it looks the same as my Sprint one except it doesn't have the earpiece bulge and it has the tape reel icon for voicemail on the dial pad (the same one that other GSM models use).
    Jeff
    I can't find my scanners power brick otherwise I would share much better pictures of the ad.

I just used my digital camera to take a picture of the front and back of the ad.

http://www.vikrampant.com/treo600/20...e_inserts.html

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    The Treo 600 ad is very well put together. I like that they are pushing the size of the device in the ad. It is great to see Palmone advertising this highly successful product to a wider audience. Advertising in magazines is the one thing Handspring struggled to do with their products. Anyway, if you have not seen these clever ads, drop by a newstand and take a look.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I just received the January 2004 issue of PC World and the ad is inside there. Page 113.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Here is the back side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looks like the European GSM version (black GSM, flat earpiece).

D.
    Dominique
    Guess it is that one, since i have one that looks like that ;-)
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    I saw the ad in the current edition of the American Airlines flight magazine on my flights on Dec 22 and Dec 26.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast