Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok, if you really have to copy numbers to a SIM, try this:

Export your contacts from PalmDesktop as a CSV file.

Using you Nokia (or whatever), PC software (there's lots out there), upload the CSV file to the phone.

Now use your Nokia (or whatever) to copy all the numbers to the SIM et voila!

Sorry but I know of no other way to bulk-copy numbers from your Treo to a SIM.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Wow that sucks, thanks for helping though.
    There is a way to transfer the contacts from address book. It is true that you can not export the data from the addressbook to sim card. But there is way to that. First thing you do is ad all your contacts to favorites button or speed dial. Click on the phone button. Click on menu button go to prefrences and edit favorites button. There just simply add on the blank empy speed dial button you contact. one by One. Then after everything has been add up to the favorites or speed dial button. The go to applications go to sim book. In the upper right corner of the screen of the treo where it says sim tap right there and change it to speed dial. Then click on the menu button go the go to record and tap copy all or just tap copy on the button part of the screen.

This would take long because of adding you contacts one by one to the speed dial but it will transfer you data from phone memory to the simcard.
    I just bought Treo 600 and don't know how to transfer my contacts from my sim to the phone. Also good advices for other features on Treo 600 would be appreciated. I would love to hook my treo 600 with softwares ne suggestions?

Ashish Smith
    Phone->Contacts->Menu->Import from SIM
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello Expat,

Kevin from palmOne here. Unfortunately, it's not possible to export numbers from the Contacts list to the SIM card. There may be third-party software that can do this. In a pinch, it *can* be done manually. Information on the procedure can be found at http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=30232

Sincerely
    Kevin
    H Michael,
    Actually having around 223+ contacts stored in my sim so this seems a really really good thing to have (in both directions to and from the sim)
    I recently purchased a thing called a sim mate mini which gets the contact list onto the PC but need to cut and paste from one app to the palm. I figure it would take me a few hours to do the lot. Time better spent doing other things.
    it is not like a tech problem to me.
    p1 might just simply did a mean thing to make a nightnare to everyone that try to switch to regular phone.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge
    I agree, all the other phones I've had have included a utility to copy contact to & from the SIM, it's not hard to do, they've just chosen not to do it.
    The treo 270 had this facility of copying to the SIML
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the SIM phonebook only store phone numbers and one per name at that? I suppose that someone could write a app that would move numbers onto the SIM card and do clever things with names to differentiate the different phone numbers for the same contact but even so, email addresses, snailmail addresses and any other information in the contact that wasn't actually a telephone number would be lost. In fact if you have any text in a phone number field wouldn't that be lost as well?

Is that right?
    The SIM can store multiple numbers per contact, usually shown something like:
    Ian /O (Office)
    Ian /H (Home)
    Etc.
    I think you're right that you wouldn't be able to store email/text in the SIM but just transfering the numbers would be a big help and shouldn't be that hard to do, after all there's already a SIM phonebook import fuction.
    Please excuse the ignorance, but I can't find the SIM copy utility anywhere on my T600. Where would I find it? Thanks in advance.
    Josť

Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
    It would be a good feature, as I have thought about getting a small and cheap GSM phone to take when I know I dont need the Treo or want its size in my pockets.
    It's amazing to me that with all the demand for this feature, no developer will touch it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by JFReyes
    Please excuse the ignorance, but I can't find the SIM copy utility anywhere on my T600. Where would I find it? Thanks in advance.
    It's in Phone - Contacts - Menu - Record - Import from SIM (I think!)
    I'm reluctant to start it on my T600 as I think it starts the import automatically and I remember I had to remove lots of duplicate records after I imported them all twice last time I did this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    It's amazing to me that with all the demand for this feature, no developer will touch it.
    Me too, it really doesn't seem that hard and people clearly want it........
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    It's in Phone - Contacts - Menu - Record - Import from SIM (I think!)
    I'm reluctant to start it on my T600 as I think it starts the import automatically and I remember I had to remove lots of duplicate records after I imported them all twice last time I did this.
    Thanks for the tip; I looked it up but it's not there (or anywhere) on my T600. Any more ideas?

Thanks again.
    Josť

Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
    So? has anyone tried it?
    This is the most requested feature for quite awhile. For some mysterious reason, no Treo developer or hacker will even touch it. I think thousands of users would be willing to fork up $10 for this feature. C'mon, it can't be that tough.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    This is the most requested feature for quite awhile. For some mysterious reason, no Treo developer or hacker will even touch it. I think thousands of users would be willing to fork up $10 for this feature. C'mon, it can't be that tough.

Lets just flood the Forums with this request, unless more people request it it wont happen!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12