1. jah
    I want to make some web sites for the Treo 600's Blazer browser. Are there any places where people share information on how Blazer handles stylesheets, tables, HTML, that kind of thing? Or maybe people have some good ideas to share here - the screen is 160 pixels wide, but that's about all I have to go on so far!
    Go to http://www.handspring.com/developers/ and register as a developer. You will be able to download the Treo 600 Developers Guide. It has 2 sections that should help: "Blazer Feature Overview" and "Designing Pages for Mobile Devices".

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3. jah
    Thanks for that tip! A perfect start for understanding Blazer page building. I found a few useful basics:

Blazer has a 155x145 pixel window

Any image over 153 pixels in height or width will be scaled down to fit the screen, which could make text appearing in the image unreadable.

You can include this tag to keep Blazer from redrawing your tables:

<META name="HandheldFriendly" content="True" />

For table width, Blazer accepts width defined by TD and not TABLE tags.
    Originally posted by jah
    Thanks for that tip! A perfect start for understanding Blazer page building. I found a few useful basics:

Any image over 153 pixels in height or width will be scaled down to fit the screen, which could make text appearing in the image unreadable.

Good info to know! Thx for posting, I'll have to check out the dev section.
    Another tip - stay away from fixed lengths where possible. I had to hack my web-based email system that had a fixed length on a frame, making the site completely unusable in Blazer 3.

I code in fairly strict xHTML, using positioning instead of tables for layout (I'll use tables as intended, to format tabular data). That's a safer approach for mobile devices than the multi-layered table garbage that WYSIWYGs like Dreamweaver and Frontpage dump into a page.

Originally posted by jah

Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com