Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Our electrical engineering department has decided to offer upgrades for screens from 160 x 160 to 320 x 320 and replacement of the 300K camera to 2 Megs, plus they add an LED flash!

The retail cost for the upgrades is $ 395

Please give us some feedback, what percentage of Treo 600 users would go for this upgrade?

We would do it through EBAY. We are PowerSellers there with great feedback.
    Sounds great!!! Right now, though, I'd have a bit of trouble shelling out another $400 after I just paid $450 for the phone itself. When (if) it comes down to the $250-300 mark, I wouldn't be able to resist!
    I'm in, as long as you agree to send a review unit to a member of the staff of this website so they can test the upgrade, put it through its paces, etc.

For that kind of money, sending one free evaluation upgrade should be no problem, especially if you are GUARANTEED to get the buzz factor that the magazine Business 2.0 claims was all started here on this forum.

To other members- if you are in, please mention whether you are in blindly, or you;d like to read a review from treocentral first.
    Im not biting....I dont think its possibe and what exactly is a 'led flash' ? Dream on...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Love my Treo and just adventerous enough to love it more. Let me know when TreoCentral gets a review unit. If they like it, I'm next.
    I'm tenatively in with the reservation about warranty concerns and such.
    Uh yeah....sounds great....how long will the software upgrade take? Seeing as how you are just feeling around for interested people, your upgrade won't be out for at least 9 months....if you are lucky.....$400 for a screen and cam upgrade??? Oh man, that is the sweetest deal I've ever seen! And by sweet, I mean completely idiotic.....moreso are the people who actually believe you are serious....
    Is this for real or is it someone's idea of an early April?

In any case, even if it were possible, I'm sure battery life will be an issue.

And while we're at it, why not throw in bluetooth and wifi as well?
    I would definitely be in for 320x320. Don't care about the camera.

Ty
    Let's just venture to say this is a possibility and not a hoax, my feedback is:

Like many I would love to have a better camera on the Treo, but don't you think that $395 is a little expensive for a camera phone many only paid $440 for with discounts/rebates. Personally, I think about $200 would be a reasonable price if this is on the real and if it is possible and the camera delivers as promised.

Then there would be the issue of risk involved with altering the camera from a manufacturer warranty point of view. And what if the adjustment left the camera not working properly, would one be out of luck or would a warranty be provided?

Just my initial thoughts.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Can you also make it start my car, massage my back, open wine bottles, and sell people bridges in New York?

How much will that upgrade cost?
    Sorry, but this sounds like a complete load of crap!
    I would have to agree with todd there.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    ARHH!! It's not very funny to yank a Treo fanatic's chain!!

Anyway, if true I would definitely consider this upgrade, but for more like $200-250 bucks max....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    ARHH!! It's not very funny to yank a Treo fanatic's chain!!

Anyway, if true I would definitely consider this upgrade, but for more like $200-250 bucks max....
    P.S. What about BT!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ill chime in who are you and what company do you represent? Im not sending my treo to just anyone
    Wow! You think you can install cable TV to mines?
    hah....i bought my t600 for $700 and got a freee 3.2 mp camera! beat that!
    I think we just witnessed the first public display of a successful hack attack against a TREO 600.

Very out of character for "mgauss", but WAS posted in the wee hours last night - good drugs?

Oh - wait!

I know!

"mgauss" has decided to write another paper for a medical journal, this time titled "Geek Reaction To Improbable Events" - a psychological study.
    Sounds somewhat unlikely, but if it works, count me in!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast