Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lol its kinda funny that people will pay $1000 for a phone.
    I woulld jump in a minute but for that amount they shoud kick in more memotyi
    I woulld jump in a minute but for that amount they shoud kick in more memotyi
    I would be happy to take a look at this upgrade for Treo's. Give me an email at michael@treocentral.com to discuss details.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    yeah, go Miradu...lets put the credentials in place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was a guy over at brighthand that adds Bluetooth the T|W's, so these are possible...but we gotta make sure dude is actually legit
    $1000 or so for the phone? No way. It's fine like it is. No complaints with size or the screen. Just the key guard issue, alarm/ringer volume, its dislike for damp weather. I didn't buy it for the camera.

Ben
    -----------

Originally posted by mgauss
    Our electrical engineering department has decided to offer upgrades for screens from 160 x 160 to 320 x 320 and replacement of the 300K camera to 2 Megs, plus they add an LED flash!

The retail cost for the upgrades is $ 395

Please give us some feedback, what percentage of Treo 600 users would go for this upgrade?

We would do it through EBAY. We are PowerSellers there with great feedback.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I think I took my wife's Paxil instead of my Zocor last night. I was kind of joking. My company has done some upgrades of sorts before. When I posted last night it did not show for 10 minutes, I thought a moderator saw it and yanked it. I was surprised to see it tonight!!

I'm just a mechanical engineer (from MIT) but have worked with our electrical engineer on many upgrade projects for non phone devices.

Today I ran into a Sony Ericsson P800. What a screen. Picture quality. And the user said it lasts him 4 to 5 days standby and never a problem with battery. He hates the thing, though, and says it crashes all the time and he loses his data often.

Really when Donna makes this 320 x 320 and puts a decent camera on it I'm gonna marry the Treo. I posted this to get some fantasy feedback.

Now ther's got to be other electrical engineers out there and IF it was possible to do a screen upgrade I'd do it. FCC could be a big problem.

I love the Treo. Love the Sears $ 99 512 Mb Sandisk.

Please forgive me for teasing...but I gotta tell you, a hi res screen would have made this the THE IT.

Personally I'd pay at this point about $ 500 for the upgrade.
    I think I took my wife's Paxil instead of my Zocor last night. I was kind of joking. My company has done some upgrades of sorts before. When I posted last night it did not show for 10 minutes, I thought a moderator saw it and yanked it. I was surprised to see it tonight!!

I'm just a mechanical engineer (from MIT) but have worked with our electrical engineer on many upgrade projects for non phone devices.

Today I ran into a Sony Ericsson P800. What a screen. Picture quality. And the user said it lasts him 4 to 5 days standby and never a problem with battery. He hates the thing, though, and says it crashes all the time and he loses his data often.

Really when Donna makes this 320 x 320 and puts a decent camera on it I'm gonna marry the Treo. I posted this to get some fantasy feedback.

Now ther's got to be other electrical engineers out there and IF it was possible to do a screen upgrade I'd do it. FCC could be a big problem.

Please forgive me for teasing...but I gotta tell you, a hi res screen would have made this the THE IT.

Sorry but I don't respect you for posting false information. Wastes everyone's time.

Well, I didn't bite one bit...
    I commend you for fronting up but still think you should be banned from TreoŚCentral + have your Treo confiscated...

you must have been a right little sh*t at school
    www.gsmworld.com
    I did enjoy the fantasy, but I couldn't afford that kinda money at the moment anyway, so I knew it would just remain a fancifull fantasy... You can't take these things too seriously can you?

Though the 700XL things did get me going... Maybe that guy should be banned - He he!

I suppose though it would get kinda boring if everyone started posting this sort of stuff all the time...

PS
    nzmoko - your things says you live in Switzerland, but there is a distinct Kiwi flava there? Are you a Kiwi, or do you just like the place. I'm from NZ.
    Originally posted by the phoenix
    PS
    nzmoko - your things says you live in Switzerland, but there is a distinct Kiwi flava there? Are you a Kiwi, or do you just like the place. I'm from NZ.
    Well spotted...

I am indeed a Kiwi (Aucklander) but been living and working (grrr...) in Switzerland for many years.

Switz is great: It's neutral, you earn stupid money, pay low tax, every guy has a machine gun, there's zero crime (unlike NZ) and it has more Irish pubs than... um... Ireland!

The downside? Everything here costs about a trillion bucks.

I love it!!

Where you from in NZ, Phoenix?
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Sorry but I don't respect you for posting false information. Wastes everyone's time.
    I loved the post, breaks some of the seriousness around here. The respect I have of the poster, from his many posts, kept me intrigued, and I don't feel "tricked" cuz it's all in good fun.
    Maybe you should try some Paxil?

Common sense assured me that this would be basically impossible, at least so SOON after product launch.. being on this board keeps me in check that one shouldn't believe everything ya read.

SMS? anyone? please?
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Hardware, by exCEO Dubinsky's own words, is the least important feature of the TREO 600 - it has "layer on layer of software".

Replacing the screen et al requires a little more than solder.

Sheesh.
    I would have paid about $225 if you could have gone 3MP camera. 2MP is just not enough to make good 8x10 prints and 3 is just getting there. I really don't see anyone making a SD camera that would make me think it's a better deal than just getting a Canon S400 or something for $450. Any SD camera is not likely to have 4MP, flash, and optical zoom. If they can put that together, the SD version itself will cost $400 easy and for that price, I'd rather have a good camera form factor, and other nicities.

The screen would have been nice, but it wouldn't be worth more than $75 to me.
    Even as a joke I think this thread has shown the interest people have in a mod like this and hopefully someone in the near future will be able to make it happen.
    Treo 650
    Cingular
    Originally posted by golfingtigger

That's why you get married, then become an ubergeek. They're good for supporting new technology buys in exchange for marital bliss.
    Amen!
    Originally posted by mpk65281

That's my second. I am sure an "LED Flash" is an ugly guy named Led who will flash you so you can take his picture with the new camera).
    OMG, for the ignorant, LED 'flashes' are on a few phones, including the sanyo 5500. They are the same LED's found in those small keychain lights and the newer head mounted backpacking lights.
    Ok it could be a great idea...

But the Warranty will be waived. Also you need to be Palm OS Ready for some parts. So you need to contact Palm Source for this purpose.

In term of prices I think $164 would be the perfect price (including Bluetooth)

>$4 for bluetooth (one chip solution)
    >$60 for the screen
    >.05 for the LED
    >$20 for the camera
    =$84.05

>100% margin
    =84.05

Total = $168.10

But for your knowledge, Handspring will start working on the first revision of the TREO 600 pretty soon...

Joxes
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Well, I didn't bite one bit...
    I commend you for fronting up but still think you should be banned from TreoŚCentral + have your Treo confiscated...

you must have been a right little sh*t at school
    The whole thing was worth it just for the laugh I got from these comments..... Clearly I have way too much time on my hands!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123