Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Alright, I'll be the first to say this is strange.

I was checking a web site while sitting in front of a computer. For some reason, I was getting feedback from the computer and the person on the other end of the line heard it. If I moved the phone closer to the screen, the screen went haywire and an electric charge went up my arm.

Yes strange, and I don't want to alarm anyone, but what gives? This is my third treo and I'm not ready to give it up. Any ideas from anyone? (BTW, I'm with cingular...)
    Scott
    sheesh, that is bizarre. the electric charge concerns me there.
    there were concerns earlier regarding headaches and the like from the treo. I wonder if this could be due to a radiation anomaly in the phone? wow, this has caught my attention! id call handspring or your computer company to report it- I've never heard of that before.
    Every cellphone I've ever owned does the monitor freaking out thing. Regardless of brand. I have a dual monitor setup at work... one average quality monitor and one high-end. The avg one always displays this behavior with cellphones nearby, and the high-end one does not. It barely even flickers compared to the other one showing convergeance, lines, and noise.

The idea that cellphones cause cancer has been around for quite some time. Do a net search and I'm sure you can find some studies on which brands emit what level of harmful stuff.
    This seems to be a GSM thing. My Sprint PCS phones never did that, but T-Mobile and AT&T GSM phones cause my monitor to flicker and any nearby speakers make a funny noise when calls or SMS messages are coming in.