1.    #1  
    I've struggled to find a case for my T600 that I liked well enough to use consistently (not too bulky, clear cover over screen but keyboard uncovered, solid belt clip).

Tonight, I've paid the price for my pickiness: T600 in my front pocket with my keys... and now I've got two nice 1/16-1/18" scratches on the touchscreen.

Any suggestions? Will Meguiar's plastic polish work on a touchscreen?

Will Sprint's equipment replacement program come through for me? What kind of standards do they have?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    seems like you would have known better, it's kind of common sense really! looks like you're stuck with the fruits of your stupidity!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by randyg
    looks like you're stuck with the fruits of your stupidity!!
    As were your parents, apparently.

Anyone else who cares to provide an in any way productive reply?

Note that I never claimed that I'm not stupid, nor did I complain. I merely asked whether (a) anyone knew whether the plastic polishes that worked so well on my T300 window would work equally well on a touchscreen and/or (b) whether anyone who'd used Sprint's ERP had any insight.
    Did you have a screen protector on your 600?

I have been assuming that my screen protector will protect the screen from my keys, as they are often together in my pocket. The alternative for me is my shirt pocket, but it slips out too easily if I bend over to pick something up.

I do try to put my keys on the back side.

A good thing about the bright screen is that screen protectors don't much interfere visually.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Preston
    Did you have a screen protector on your 600?
    I didn't, actually. I've never been a fan, and haven't seen one retail for the T600 in any case ('cause I'd had the same thoughts... but wasn't diligent enough to shop online for one).
    I cut one I had for the 270, which is how I found out that the 600 has a smaller screen.
    Metal harder than plastic. Metal wins. A common sense issue.
    please, can we keep the discussion on topic?

I don't know about the plasticd sealant, but I do know about the Sprint ERP.

Try the sealant first.

If that doesn't work, call the ERP company and say that the phone is dropping 1/2 of all calls, with no apparent pattern. If they push back on sending you a new one, just suddenly hang up in the middle of the call- that will seal the deal.

They'll send you a brand new phone, or better yet, a well-tested and well-repaired refurb.... but you gotta pay 35 bucks and you only get two phones a year.

p.s.- next time, get the form-fit Treo case from dans cellular on ebay. I did not think I would like it, but it rocks, even with the keys and the screen covered. I have never liked cases like this one, so it shocks me how much I like the formfit.
    Having mined every case manufacturer link for the accessory pages at Treo600Essentials.com - I feel ya, it's easy to be picky (and get analysis paralysis) with so many choices out there.

What's worse is that you have to make some compromise because it's inevitable that nobody makes the perfect combination of features that look just right or are in your price range etc.

Until I figure this whole mess out myself, I personally am rocking a set of Egrips and a Boxwave screen protector.

Sample cases, holsters, etc. are arriving at the Treo 600 Essential offices every day so keep checking out the site for reviews as they become available. Maybe we can help de-mystify the whole process.
    Originally posted by thatwebguy
    Any suggestions? Will Meguiar's plastic polish work on a touchscreen?
    I bought a German wonder product called Displex on Ebay. I've used it to remove screen scratches from a SE T68i and a deep gouge on a Palm Vx screen.

What it seems to do is melt the topmost layer of the plastic and the ultrafine granules level the surface. Once you buff the screen with a lint-free cloth the scratches are gone and surprisingly there is no hazing or residue left over.

Gabriel
    Originally posted by freedomnow
    please, can we keep the discussion on topic?

I don't know about the plasticd sealant, but I do know about the Sprint ERP.

What is the number for ERP and what is it exactly?
    All noobs click here