1.    #1  
    Has anyone else been getting weird messages sent to your from "unknown" with garbled stuff like:

//SVAgIBMQBAAG3Kq3OHafan........maMhk6s//vS

I get long garbled messages like this all day randomly. This is new to me...and it really just started to happen the other day when after a hard reset and reconfiguring the system.

I guess if theres no solution I can always do another hard reset. Anyone?
    It's probably from your business connection or other E-mail that is scheduled to run from your last device.
    "If it's new, I've got to have it."
    I have them as well !!!

I thought the SMS messages that trigger the "push" in push email are supposed to be autodeleted and not seen ????
    It is your Alert device listed in your Biz connection even if it is turned off for alerts it will send an message like that if your phone is still listed in devices. Look at the times you get them they will match mail you recieved on the computer you have the client running on.

Delete your phone from devices and they will stop. (you must delete it or they will still be recieved even if alerts are turned off)

It is a bug with there software..
    Took 3 weeks for Sprint Techs to trace it on my account a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by zipdrive007; 12/03/2003 at 12:56 PM.
    i get the occasional spam sms from someone dont know who like 1 a week or 2 asking about mjackson poll or something thats about as wierd as it gets, i use TMO
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by zipdrive007
    It is your Alert device listed in your Biz connection even if it is turned off for alerts it will send an message like that if the your phone is still listed in devices. Look at the times you get them they will match mail you recieved on the computer you have the client running on.

Delete your phone from devices and they will stop. (you must delete it or they will still be recieved even if alerts are turned off)

It is a bug with there software..
    Took 3 weeks for Sprint Techs to trace it on my account a few weeks ago.
    thanks...i just removed it from my devices from the biz con log in prefs (for those who arnt sure). I hope this works. I'll find out tomorrow.
    Originally posted by inspecta gadget
    Has anyone else been getting weird messages sent to your from "unknown" with garbled stuff like:
    //SVAgIBMQBAAG3Kq3OHafan............maMhk6s//vS
    Including the long garbled message (which can not be split into multiple lines) in the Subject field causes an unusually wide thread title. For those of us who list all new posts, the list of message is now so wide that it is necessary to scroll left and right to see all the columns.
  8.    #8  
    the trick worked. anyone with this problem can just delete your device from your biz con preferences online. im now using handsprings mail app instead of bizcon.
    Originally posted by inspecta gadget
    the trick worked. anyone with this problem can just delete your device from your biz con preferences online. im now using handsprings mail app instead of bizcon.
    Great..Also Snappermail is worth the price for the attachment support alone. I like HS Mail but the attachment supports blows...
    A little help here: which "Preferences" are you talking about?

On the Treo in Biz Conn
    On the PC in Biz Conn
    On the Web at bc.sprintpcs.com

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Originally posted by BillPetro
    A little help here: which "Preferences" are you talking about?

On the Treo in Biz Conn
    On the PC in Biz Conn
    On the Web at bc.sprintpcs.com

Thanks,
    On the web Prefs..remove ANY devices from your settings even if you have turned alerts off.
    Found it, thanks.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com