1.    #1  
    Is the T600 an "always on" unit? I hate the way my T|W has to connect everytime I want to send an email or use wireless features. My i705 worked faster because it was always connected. I hope the T600 is the same.
    thanks
    Yes, always on....
  3.    #3  
    now I can go eat my lunch, thanks mblank
    Is just like surfing the web or checking e-mails at home back in the old days , if you are connected 24x7 then all your calls will go to voicemail. No broadband capabilities here, yet.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    My P800 would disconnect GPRS after a set amount of inactivity (no data transmitted) to save battery life. Is there a way to get the Treo600 to do this? Only way I have found is to manually go to Prefs->Network and choose "Disconnect." Is there no way to automate this?
    Honestly, I can't think of a good reason to EVER disconnect from the network. Why would you want to do this? (kind of defeats the purpose of having an always-on connection)

Marc
    ... from the carrier's point of view, there's plenty of reason to disconnect you. In some regions the carriers don't have enough "simultaneous connection" capacity - so they're dropping GPRS connections after some period of inactivity, or in periods of high demand they're playing "round robin" and dropping folks who have only be inactive for a few minutes. That's happening on Cingular here in Raleigh, NC. Wreaks havoc on your apps that expect GPRS to "just work"...

Paul
    Originally posted by mblank
    Honestly, I can't think of a good reason to EVER disconnect from the network. Why would you want to do this? (kind of defeats the purpose of having an always-on connection)

I wasn't talking about disconnecting from the entire network. I was just talking about GPRS disconnecting (un-attaching). My P800 would still send/receive calls, but would have to "re-attach" GPRS. The advantage was that battery life was GREATLY increased & the disadvantage was that it took the extra 5-10 seconds to "re-attach" GPRS when I wanted to use the data services.
    Originally posted by jskier
    My P800 would disconnect GPRS after a set amount of inactivity (no data transmitted) to save battery life. Is there a way to get the Treo600 to do this? Only way I have found is to manually go to Prefs->Network and choose "Disconnect." Is there no way to automate this?
    Yes, you can do this with the Drop net settings in Treoehelper...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Yes, you can do this with the Drop net settings in Treoehelper...
    CDMA only I'm afraid. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $they$ $still$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $the$ $network$ $status$ $events$ $on$ $the$ $GSM$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $600$.