Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    A friend of mine has a Treo 600 (Rev. C) and can't get Picture Mail to display. (I have a Treo 600 (Rev B) and don't have this problem). He can send Picture Mail fine, but when he receives Picture Mail and tries to open it up in Blazer, he gets a big red X where the picture should be. It turns out that other people seem to be having this problem as well as there is a thread on pdaphonehome.com regarding this (http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=13366). It also may be more common with Rev C. hardware, but this is difficult to tell. He called Sprint, which was of no help. They said it was a software problem and that he should turn in his phone for a replacement. I tried multiple soft resets, a hard reset and restore and even tried re-provisioning the phone with Vision; none of which helped or changed anything.

Are others having this problem? Is there a fix or solution that anyone knows of?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    This has been discussed before, I had the same issue:

1. Sync
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Sync

Works now and since then.

L
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treonyc
    This has been discussed before, I had the same issue:

1. Sync
    2. Hard Reset
    3. Sync

Works now and since then.

L
    Yes, I had tried exactly that prior to posting, but it did not fix the problem.
    Jeff
    ah ****, you mentioned that in your message, sorry. Hm. That worked OK for me.

Have you tried to do a hard reset, then get a picture (before re-syncing). If that works, then its some software/data you are resyncing that is causing problems.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treonyc
    ah ****, you mentioned that in your message, sorry. Hm. That worked OK for me.

Have you tried to do a hard reset, then get a picture (before re-syncing). If that works, then its some software/data you are resyncing that is causing problems.
    That's a good thought. I will give it a try when I seem my co-worker tomorrow and report back.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    After reading multiple threads about the web cookies problem and how the file gets easily corrupted, I thought I would try deleting the file off my friends Treo. Well, I finally saw him to give it a try. Using the built in file manager of LauncherX (of course any file manager would do), I deleted the file Web Cookies. Doing this forces Blazer to re-generate the file. Any way, it worked. No more red X where a photo should be. This was an easy fix and doesn't require any hard reset. Yes, you lose your cookies (I held back from writting "you toss your cookies"), but it shouldn't be that big of a deal to re-enter some passwords.
    Jeff