1.    #1  
    I feel like an *****, but so be it. I can't transfer MP3s to my Treo 600 (Sprint PCS version). I have transferred other files, such as eBooks.

I downloaded a trial version Pocket Tunes (which can stream, more or less via the wireless link, so I know the software works on the Treo.

On my Windows XP PC I have MusicMatch and ripped some songs.

But I don't know how to ger the songs into the Treo!

When I synchronized, no MP3s were downloaded -- at least I couldn't find them.

I tried to create some sort of synch connection using a file link, but an error message popped up saying the File Link tool wasn't supported by any of my Applications (on the Treo?)

Any suggestions for what I'm sure is very simple to do?

Thanks.
    You have to put them on a SD card and put the card into the treo.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  3.    #3  
    So it is impossible to transfer MP3 files via a hot synch?

Thanks very much.
    I think so.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Originally posted by reiter
    So it is impossible to transfer MP3 files via a hot synch?

Thanks very much.
    You can do it via hot sync... just pick sd card as the location when you add the mp3 through the install tool. It is very slow though.
    But I think his point is he doesn't have an sd card.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Then I think the best suggestion would be to tell him to buy one. MP3's take up a few MB each, you won't be able to keep many on internal memory. Putting them on an SD card makes things easier, especially since you can buy a card reader for really cheap that will transfer the files to your SD card WAAAAAY faster than you can do it by syncing.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Ya, you really need the card reader.
    When he says "waaaay faster".. think.. 100 times faster.
    For some reason when you try to hotsync an MP3 to the card it transfers at like 4KB/sec (think how long it takes to download an MP3 over dialup). The card reader can do it at better than 600KB/sec (usually faster).

ian
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the replies.

I wanted to determine whether it was ** possible ** to transfer MP3s to the internal memory. Apparently, it isn't possible and it's also not practical because of the SLOW speed of transfer. So now I know.

Frankly, since I have transferred files via USB connections to various devices, I didn't think the transfer speed between the desktop PC and the Treo would be a huge negating factor.

I have Compact Flash cards and intend -- very, very, very soon -- to get a 256MB or even 512MD SD card.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Regarding transfer speed. It's a lot faster at transfering prcs and databases to the internal memory. Don't know why it's so slow when transfering mp3's to the card, but it is.

ian