1.    #1  
    I am using the unlocked cingular phone with an AT&T SIM and am confused about setting this thing up.
    I have entered "proxy" as the APN in the network preferences for GPRS and seem to be able to connect though blazer no problem - except instead of the large black triangle that is supposed to indicate and active GPRS connection I get the two green arrows which according to the documentation indicate a dial up connection.
    Worst yet once i am done browsing and close blazer the green arrows stay up there until i go into the network preferences and click the "disconnect" button. Am I doing something wrong? I tried the GRPS connection without the APN setting but get a GPRS connection error.
    help!!!

also - how common is it to have a noticeable yellow tinging on the screen on the sides and in the corner - it's driving me crazy.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm not sure about ATT, but I had a 600 on Sprint and the two green arrows meant Data. When they were light colored, the data connection was still there but in the idle mode. On Sprint I didn't care because it was unlimited data. With ATT you might wind up paying. The only saving thing is that you probably aren't processing data in the idle mode.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Green arrows on a GSM phone mean GPRS connection. No panic <g>!

Danita
  4.    #4  
    ok - so i'm happy that the green arrows mean a GPRS connection and not a dial up connection - but is there anyway to get it to disconnect when i am done with blazer?

What do other GSM users do - just ignor the green arrows?
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    yeah - I stay "online" most all of the time. I have my emailing auto-fetch for me, I use Verichat for Chatting, etc. However, I do use T-Mobile, and have "unlimited" data (although I just changed, and have never gone over my original 20MB limit using the phone almost all day oneline).

Danita
    you can go to Preferences-Network- then disconnect. Kind of a pain though.