Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    One of the things I like about Eudora, besides it being free, is that it lets me set the outgoing SMTP server for the Sprint account in a way that lets me use that SMTP server to send emails and still use my regular ISP for incoming mail.

    The new Mail app beta from HS hoes not appear to do that because it insists on doing a send and receive in one step.

    It worked fine set up this way on my 300, but now on my 600 Eudora keeps insisting that there is no mail to send, even after I have composed it and marked it to send.

    The only way I can verify that my config is right is by taking an incoming email and replying to it. Then Eudora sends it out through Sprint's SMTP just fine, but if I start with a brand new message, Eudora insists it doesn't have any messages to send!

    I have tried reinstalling the latest version of Eudora Palm off their website but it didn't help

    I understand that SnapperMail can do it too although the trial version won't let me verify that because it only allows creating one account, but I am/was very happy with Eudora Palm for over a year, and I don't want to give up on getting to the bottom of this problem and making it work the way it did on my 300. I am determined not to jump ship to another email app without solving this mystery.

    Anyone have any clues or thoughts or possible solutions?

    Thanks,

    NateS
  2. #2  
    You should still be able to try this with Snappermail with a single-account.

    You just set the outgoing server to be the sprintpcs one, while the incoming one is your normal ISP.

    I'm wondering if you have a similar configuration issue with Eudora. Make sure you've set sprintpcs as the outgoing server even for your regular ISP account. I believe there's a setting for the default outgoing account. I suspect that when you reply to the email, it's using a different account setting from the one used when you try a new message.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by shaber
    You should still be able to try this with Snappermail with a single-account.

    You just set the outgoing server to be the sprintpcs one, while the incoming one is your normal ISP.

    I'm wondering if you have a similar configuration issue with Eudora. Make sure you've set sprintpcs as the outgoing server even for your regular ISP account. I believe there's a setting for the default outgoing account. I suspect that when you reply to the email, it's using a different account setting from the one used when you try a new message.
    I agree. I do have it set up exactly as you suggest. In fact, all of my eudora settings on my 600 are exactly the same as on my 300, which worked until the service was switched. I just did a side-byh-side comparison of the settings between the 300 and the 600.

    I wonder if there is some incompatibility between Eudora and either the 600 or the new new Palm OS on the treo.

    NateS
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by NateS


    I agree. I do have it set up exactly as you suggest. In fact, all of my eudora settings on my 600 are exactly the same as on my 300, which worked until the service was switched. I just did a side-by-side comparison of the settings between the 300 and the 600.

    I wonder if there is some incompatibility between Eudora and either the 600 or the new new Palm OS on the treo.

    NateS

Posting Permissions