1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I have a really weird problem. My treo 600 (gsm, cingular) won't turn it's screen off.

I'll try to turn it off via keyguard or the power button, and the screen will flash off for a split second. Afterwards the screen will be on, but the keyguard message (press center button to unlock) will be sort of "ghosted" across it.

This goes away for a few seconds if I soft reset the device. If I hard reset the device it goes away all together - until I restore my s/w from backup.

Another weird thing about it - If I try to use the 5-way nav pad to access a menu (like the selecter in launcher that contains "all", "unfiled", etc...) it won't open the menu. It'll do a weird flashing then close again - not letting me access any of the menu items.

It almost makes me think a button is "stuck"???

Any ideas on what the hell this could be?
    Originally posted by subimage
    Hey everyone,

I have a really weird problem. My treo 600 (gsm, cingular) won't turn it's screen off.

I'll try to turn it off via keyguard or the power button, and the screen will flash off for a split second. Afterwards the screen will be on, but the keyguard message (press center button to unlock) will be sort of "ghosted" across it.

This goes away for a few seconds if I soft reset the device. If I hard reset the device it goes away all together - until I restore my s/w from backup.

Another weird thing about it - If I try to use the 5-way nav pad to access a menu (like the selecter in launcher that contains "all", "unfiled", etc...) it won't open the menu. It'll do a weird flashing then close again - not letting me access any of the menu items.

It almost makes me think a button is "stuck"???

Any ideas on what the hell this could be?
    I just received my Treo today, had a similar problem when I restored my 270 files on my Treo 600. The screen would flash on and off and would hang intermittently.

I had installed the new Palm software that was supposed to catch applications with known problems but this made no difference.

I had to hard reset the Treo, and move the majority of the files out of my hotsync name folder. I basically left in the notepad, address, contacts folder, and a few key applications that I was using.

Everything seems to be working great now, I'll slowly add back the balance of my applications till I find the problem.

Good Luck
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by subimage

If I hard reset the device it goes away all together - until I restore my s/w from backup.

There you go. Install the 3rd party s/w one at a time after a hard reset and troubleshoot which is causing the problem.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!