1.    #1  
    OK I had no more paitence waiting for Rogers AT&T to bring us the GSM Treo600 to CANADA (at a radicious price as they did to 270 again) .

Could anyone in UK help me with the info that how much it'll cost me to get a unlocked Orange GSM version? I know it'll be whatever the price + 1 year contract or 2-year - anyway, how much total that will cost me?

Any input much appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    com'on guys, anybody from UK to help?
    I'm on a year contract for 25pounds per month with 120 anywhere and anytime free minutes and 2000 free txt msg for the next half year. The Treo 600 itself then cost me 99pounds through www.mobile.co.uk (at the time going straigh through Orange would have cost me much more for some reason!)

If I want to unlock my Treo 600, it's going to cost me 300pounds + 20pounds admin fee - Basically I pre-purchase my contract for the year, and then just pay what ever I owe above my free minutes each month.

So for a year contract you're looking at:
    99.00 - the phone
    300 - to unlock you year contract (or 25p/mnth but locked into Orange)
    20 - admin fee to get it unlocked
    (That's all in pounds - but I am in Spain at the moment and can't find a pound symbol on this keyboard!)

I hope that makes sense?
    Originally posted by jo2k
    com'on guys, anybody from UK to help?
    Phone is 35 + you pay 30/month line rental for 4 months. After that you can switch down to the lowest possible tarriff which should be 15 a month. Once on that tariff you can call Orange, pay the remainder of your contract i.e 8 X 15.

So altogether with the unlock fee you are looking at 295 (661 Canadian dollars).

Your biggest concern however is getting someone in the UK who would be willing to take out a contract on your behalf. Understandably Orange won't sell to non-UK residents since they are counting on you being on a contract and generating lots of revenue for themselves.

Gabriel
    Originally posted by Jumbawamba
    Phone is 35 + you pay 30/month line rental for 4 months. After that you can switch down to the lowest possible tarriff which should be 15 a month. Once on that tariff you can call Orange, pay the remainder of your contract i.e 8 X 15.

So altogether with the unlock fee you are looking at 295 (661 Canadian dollars).

Your biggest concern however is getting someone in the UK who would be willing to take out a contract on your behalf. Understandably Orange won't sell to non-UK residents since they are counting on you being on a contract and generating lots of revenue for themselves.

Gabriel
    You have mis-calculated.
    Do you think he would wait for 4 months to have it unlocked?
    So you should make it x 12 months right away.
    But it is still a good price for someone who wants it quickly.
    http://pc-mobile.net
    Originally posted by Pc-Mobile

You have mis-calculated.
    Do you think he would wait for 4 months to have it unlocked?
    So you should make it x 12 months right away.
    But it is still a good price for someone who wants it quickly.
    Yep, sorry about that. The system is clearly not set up to favour people who don't live in the UK, otherwise I would say the Orange UK Treo 600 contract is perhaps the cheapest in the world if you need a mobile phone contract + Treo 600 and reside in the UK.

Gabriel
    I forgot you could go down to a lower tarrif after some time - thanks for the reminder.

Are any of you guys using GPRS through Orange? If you are, any idea how to keep track of kb's? I am keen to give it a go.

How do you keep track of your free minutes? I miss the various time counters I used to have on my regular mobile phones - Or have I just not found them?

Thanks