1.    #1  
    I know the answer is probably NO, but...

Can a Treo600 be used with SprintPCS's wireless web (their pre-Vision data service)?

I have a kyocera 6035 and would love the color screen and keyboard of the Treo600. However I don't need Vision's data rate and don't want to switch to a more expensive Vision plan.
    Hmmm...not sure. However, I was able to keep the "same plan" and got Vision for free when I went from the 6035 to the T-600. 2500 minutes for $100. Vision is free with packages of $100 or greater. I did this at the store.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I upgraded my plan when I bought my treo. previously I was paying $30 for $300 + $10 for pcs vision. the new rate for vision is $15 monthly but I upgraded to their new $45 for 500 minute plan and the women said that she can keep the code entered for vision that I was previously paying so I wouldnt have to pay the extra $5, so now I pay

$45 for 500 minutes
    $20 for extra phone (samsung a500)
    $10 for pcs vision

so In short I think that answers your questiom yes you should be able to keep the old price.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Spiral
    I upgraded my plan when I bought my treo. previously I was paying $30 for $300 + $10 for pcs vision. the new rate for vision is $15 monthly but I upgraded to their new $45 for 500 minute plan and the women said that she can keep the code entered for vision that I was previously paying so I wouldnt have to pay the extra $5, so now I pay

$45 for 500 minutes
    $10 for pcs vision

so In short I think that answers your questiom yes you should be able to keep the old price.
    Right, I know I can keep the same plan, but I was wondering about the Wireless Web aspect. Is there a hardware or software issue with regards to getting the Treo600 to use Wireless Web versus Vision?
    Originally posted by Atif

Right, I know I can keep the same plan, but I was wondering about the Wireless Web aspect. Is there a hardware or software issue with regards to getting the Treo600 to use Wireless Web versus Vision?
    The only way you can directly access the web using the Sprint Treo 600 is via Vision (you might be able to get some funky dial-up thing to work, but not worth it).

I wouldn't buy a phone like this unless you plan on using its key capabilities, including high speed web access.
    Originally posted by Atif
    I know the answer is probably NO, but...

Can a Treo600 be used with SprintPCS's wireless web (their pre-Vision data service)?

I have a kyocera 6035 and would love the color screen and keyboard of the Treo600. However I don't need Vision's data rate and don't want to switch to a more expensive Vision plan.
    I beleive you can use the Treo600 and be on a kb/min plan instead of vision using one of the clear and free plans...at least this was possible on the Treo300 and I see no reason why it wouldn't be available for the Treo600 as well. However, as many have already noted, upgraded plans with unlimited vision are pretty competitive and I would highly encourage you to consider one of these. I suggest you call up Sprint to confirm the above though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by Spiral

$45 for 500 minutes
    $10 for pcs vision

How did you get the extra phone on your plan? Did it have an existing contract? I'm interested because I want to buy a phone for my wife and still get the rebates from Amazon and Sprint.

I probably have to get the second phone with its own contract to do that and then try and move it to my plan. Wonder if Sprint will go for that?
    I think it will work. Just wait until after you receive the rebates to change to the add-a-phone plan. I did this with my Treo300 last year.
    Originally posted by scrinch
    I think it will work. Just wait until after you receive the rebates to change to the add-a-phone plan. I did this with my Treo300 last year.
    Thanks Scrinch!
    I saw on the SPCS site today that you can add a phone (new #) to your existing acct for free if you have a 2000+ min plan. You will both use up the mins on one plan, so make sure you have enough minutes!
    Thanks! I went with the 2500 minute plan, so we should be good on minutes...

The free second phone deal is great as long as I get those rebates to drop the price of the phone...
    You can't use the Wireless Web on the Treo 600. Sprint's WW is the 2G WAP add-on. It's not compatible with the Treo 600, it supports 3G speeds and has an HTML browser.