Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I converted my word files in "Documents to Go" from my Treo 270 to Treo 600 and a funny thing is happening, when I scroll to the left with the button on the 5-way navigation it writes 4 (number 4) and when I scoll to the right it writes 5 (number 5).
    Anybody knows why??
    At least yours writes something. My 5-way doesn't work in Docs-to-Go and I have the Premium v6.0.

Did you do anything to activate the button? I haven't had time to call Data Viz.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I upgraded to the premium version, so now I got rid off the 4 and 5 but I am in the same situation as you are, the 5-way navigation does not work at all.
    Dataviz know of the problem and they will hopefully fix it in their next update. They did say that the more people that complained about it the faster they'd get around to making the change, so you might want to let them know (I did!).
    After reading your posting I got on Data Viz's web site and drilled down to the support area--they have the Treo 600 5-way button listed as an issue and suggested using the feedback area to request they work on it.

I also use In-Box-to-Go to get my e-mails when away from my laptop. It doesn't work on it either.

So I did.
    Start emailing Danny Tu!

Recieved this morning:

We received your feedback about the fact that Documents To Go v6 does
    not support the 5-way navigation button on your Treo 600. Although I
    can assure you that Documents To Go 6 does have this support, it may not
    have the support that you have in mind (which is of course more
    important to us).

We are making an attempt at our current implementation of support for
    the 5-way and would like to hear from customers like yourself on what
    the expectations are when it comes to this support.

If you can take a minute to reply to me and let me know what those
    expectations are, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
    Danny Tu
    DataViz, Inc
    DTu@dataviz.com
    I think we should tell them that the support for the 5-way should be (minimally) what the Treo 600 has for the memo app. One should be able to move the cursor one letter/line at a time. Pressing the center button should move to menu selections. Holding the alt key or the shift key while moving the nav keys could do something else, e.g., page down/page up.
    Originally posted by MobileGuy
    I think we should tell them that the support for the 5-way should be (minimally) what the Treo 600 has for the memo app. One should be able to move the cursor one letter/line at a time. Pressing the center button should move to menu selections. Holding the alt key or the shift key while moving the nav keys could do something else, e.g., page down/page up.
    I've already emailed Danny and he replied quickly. Email him all your concerns. Posting them here will not help. Do both. We've got an open ear at DataViz, at least for the moment.
    I e-mailed Danny tonight.

I told him that you can't scroll up or down one row at a time in Excel.

Furthermore, The Nav button doesn't work at all with Inbox To Go which I use for e-mails. Additionally you can't receive pdf files using Inbox To Go.
    I've emailed them several times on this and related concerns 2 weeks ago...
    The more emails they get the faster they will fix this for us. If you can find a reason to send another email or even embellish a prior complaint, that will help.
    We do have plans to re-work the 5-way support for the Treo 600 but unfortunately, I do not have a definitive date for you. I would imagine that we will notify all our customers about any update that comes out. So if you are registered with us, you would be getting that notification.
    So, how DO you navigate with Docs to Go on the Treo 600??? I installed the trial, and was so frustrated trying to scroll through a document, that I uninstalled it and am testing Quick Word (which was not my first choice). I'd kinda like to know how people are using Docs to Go -- maybe I'll reconsider.

Thanks
    geez - I finally figured it out. With the highlight on the document text, nothing happens if you use the up/down buttons on the 5 way... BUT if you hit the center btn while the doc is highlighted, it scrolls!!! Screwy navigation controls but at least its programmed in there somewhere
    Yes that works, but there is no way of using the nav button to move a letter at a time (left-right) or a line at a time (up/down). Thus one is forced to use the touchscreen to reposition the cursor. This is true even if you use the treo external keyboard. This limitation severely limits dosc to go as a useable word precessor.
    Right you are Mobile Guy - it is still very cumbersome to use, even with the external keyboard. So I'm still trying to figure out if I want to spend the money on it. I have to have SOMETHING for editing word and excel docs -- Docs to Go is the thing everyone says to use, but with these issues, I am wondering if there are alternatives - anyone using anything they are really pleased with?
    What compitition is there out there for Doc to Go? I cant seem to narrow a search to point this out for me.

Doc to go
    quick write
    mobile word 2004 (same problem with 5 way navigation)

anything else out there?
    And WordSmith, but it has more problems than DTG. DataViz is our best hope, so send lots of emails to the address I've listed earlier in this post.
    Originally posted by musthaveit
    What compitition is there out there for Doc to Go? I cant seem to narrow a search to point this out for me.

Doc to go
    quick write
    mobile word 2004 (same problem with 5 way navigation)

anything else out there?
    You probably will not find the 5-way support much better, but their is also "Quickword."
    Originally posted by paulsjmail

You probably will not find the 5-way support much better, but their is also "Quickword."
    You're right. Not better. And in general much inferior to DTG and WordSmith, not to mention the fact FWIW that it does not truly read native word documents. It converts them to HTML, and rather slowly at that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast