Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by southbound747
    a collaboration with RNS and dataviz...that sounds promising. i hope that bears some fruit.
    The purpose is to resolve the SW conflict between DTG and TST. Dataviz wants TST to not trap DTG in order that the DTG text-select tool can function when TST is enabled elsewhere. (TST will not work inside DTG because DTG does not use standart text fields, or so I was told.)
    Please forgive a 'newbie' question about docs to go...

I was under the impression that you could view an excel spreadsheet with it (I have the version supplied with the Treo).

However, using Palm desktop quick install, I tried 'installing' an .xls file to my Treo and got this failure msg:

"ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files."

Could anyone explain what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks...
    Docs to go related question... I'm interested to know if it's possible to copy an MSWord file in 6.0 onto an SD card, and then pop the card into my TREO 600 (which is equipped with a full version of Documents to Go), and have Docs to Go to read this MSWord file. My experience thus far when I do this, prompts Docs to Go to start reading the file but then says it's not in a format it recognizes. I was under the impression Docs to Go could read such native MSWord files. Any thoughts?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    hi, is there a proper way of uninstalling documents-to-go from a treo 600? i realized there are more than one file. i just wanna know how to completely remove it.
    BrianZ, did you draw that pic on your Treo600? ;-)
    "I see dead pixels..."
    nah, i wished i made it. but unfortunately, i don't have that kind of creative bone in my body :-)

i got it from a website somewhere
    Announcement

Today a new version of RNS:: TreoSelecText has been released.
    It is now equipped with an application exclusion feature. This lets you select applications in which TreoSelecText is enabled and in which it is disabled.

RNS:: TreoSelecText on PalmGear
    RNS:: TreoSelecText on Handango
    RNS:: products for Palm OS
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Please forgive a 'newbie' question about docs to go...

I was under the impression that you could view an excel spreadsheet with it (I have the version supplied with the Treo).

However, using Palm desktop quick install, I tried 'installing' an .xls file to my Treo and got this failure msg:

"ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files."

Could anyone explain what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks...
    What version of DTG do you have? I believe that only version 6 onwards supports native documents - that is, on sync, previous versions converted the document/excel into a DTG format.

Also, (to answer another post) I'm not sure you can simply copy a .doc or .xls file to the SD card and have DTG recognise it. Even though DTG 6 has native support, it still has to know that the file is native within DTG.

I tried it and got the format error. Maybe someone has a workaround...
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo
    Announcement

Today a new version of RNS:: TreoSelecText has been released.
    It is now equipped with an application exclusion feature. This lets you select applications in which TreoSelecText is enabled and in which it is disabled.

RNS:: TreoSelecText on PalmGear
    RNS:: TreoSelecText on Handango
    RNS:: products for Palm OS
    Which resolves the conflict between TST and DTG!
    Anyone know how (or if) you can view a downloaded pdf in an email (using symmetry pro or visto which downloads native files) using DTG.

It says on there web site that you can view pdf's using word viewer, but I can't get it to auto launch DTG or word viewer when clicking on a downloaded pdf. Just get an error that "there is no suiteable viewer installed for this type of attachment".

Is there any other viewer I can install that will do this for pdf's?

Thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Anyone know how (or if) you can view a downloaded pdf in an email (using symmetry pro or visto which downloads native files) using DTG.

It says on there web site that you can view pdf's using word viewer, but I can't get it to auto launch DTG or word viewer when clicking on a downloaded pdf. Just get an error that "there is no suiteable viewer installed for this type of attachment".

Is there any other viewer I can install that will do this for pdf's?

Thanks for your help
    Adobe Acrobat Reader (free).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    unfortunately adobe pdf reader does not allow you to launch a native attachment from an email. Apparently you need to convert the file on your windows desktop and hotsync it to your treo. I get emails all day with pdf's on them and can't read them unfortunately.

thanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Docs to go related question... I'm interested to know if it's possible to copy an MSWord file in 6.0 onto an SD card, and then pop the card into my TREO 600 (which is equipped with a full version of Documents to Go), and have Docs to Go to read this MSWord file. My experience thus far when I do this, prompts Docs to Go to start reading the file but then says it's not in a format it recognizes. I was under the impression Docs to Go could read such native MSWord files. Any thoughts?
    I just tested this, and it definitely works. I copied a file over to the 'Documents' folder on my SD (which was created, I think, automatically, previously by copying a file from the DTG app over to the SD card) while the SD was in the card reader. I then opened up DTG and, sure enough, the file was there. Looked at it, checked it out - all good.
    I have found that Docs To Go 6.008 causes a Treo reset every time I access the Documents application. I am using the Sprint Updater 1.20. Has anyone else seen this?

Brian
    Documents To Go is an awesome product. I've been using it (vers 6.008) for a few days now on the T600 and love it. One feature that I really wish it had in Sheets To Go, is the ability to format text cells with a "wrap text" option. This would make it so you could shorten text columns and therefore see more columns at once on the small pda screen, without having to scroll right and left. Anyone else agree? I sent my request to DataViz.

I tried QuickOffice, and think that Docs To Go is much, much better. It is so nice to use with a portable keyboard and make notes using "numbered" lists (QuickOffice only has bulletted lists). Hitting the Tab key, indents the list item and changes the numbering type. Very cool for creating meeting agendas and outlines. I don't think I'll be using Bonsai anymore. It is so handy to create a "native" word doc in a meeting, then email it to my work email address. When I get back to my desk, there it is. No syncing required.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I am having this issue as well. Is there a fix?

Wachie

Docs To Go 6.008 causes Treo reboot
    By: bcbaker at 06/04/2004 07:52 PM

I have found that Docs To Go 6.008 causes a Treo reset every time I access the Documents application. I am using the Sprint Updater 1.20. Has anyone else seen this?

Brian
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123