Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    For what it's worth, my roommate has the Nokia 3650 phone, which he got for free from work. We have both taken pictures of the same thing in the same light at the same time. The Treo 600 is as good or better on every picture.

He also hates that you can't dial the 3650 because they couldn't put the numbers in the order of every other phone. He has to remember if the 8 is at 3 o'clock or the 3 at 8'o'clock. The 5 way directional is too small to differentiate the directions from the center.

Lastly, Blazer supports Javascript perfectly. The fact that you confused it with Java typifies the rest of your post.
  2.    #42  
    Haha! Go to VW.com try to click on "jetta" or "GTI", or try to log in to your Sprintpcs.com and log into your account. Try to go to carreview.com and go to a car of your choice, try to click on "next 5 reviews", or audioreview.com for that matter, click on any speaker or receiver of your choice, try to display all or "next 5 reviews".

ALL THESE THINGS YOU CAN'T DO--why? Cause crappy *** Blazer can't support it. Is is java??? NO. Javascript? YES. Blazer hardly supports javascript or half of the web. Sure blazer can get a lot of pages, but not the important ones you need to get to to make a full web browsing experience. This new blazer cannot support any new pages that the Treo 300 couldn't. Don't take my word for it, I only had a Treo300 and I know the pages I coudln't view there. You still cannot view the same webpages. I say get a new browser at the minimum. Opera or something.

Another thing-Blazer can't support flash, .php, .xml, or a whole lot of other script type pages.
    Are you sure you are using a Treo 600 and not some knock off brand from the local flea market?
    Last edited by dpwaters; 12/11/2003 at 02:05 PM.
    You think the treo 600 is bad? My first cell could only make phone calls
    Just to add my tuppence worth...

I have had a lot of phones/pdas and combo's and without exception they ALL had early teething troubles.

Yes there are those who expect to take it out of the box and never have ANY problems...but i'm afraid with superior technology phones this is going to happen more and more often.

A little patience is called for...I study all new phone/pda combos very carefully weighing up the good and bad points...but if I swapped phones after every minor blip then i'd run out of phones within a month.
    OPERATOR ERROR
    jtse - I think your issue is pretty much limited to you alone, no matter how much you clamor for support. Sorry dude. you're on your own with your car-website problems.....get a new phone and leave us.
    word
  10.    #50  
    Java is different from javascript.

Java is nice, but it WILL slow down the Treo, that's what Java does. It's powerful and it slows everything down.

What I'm saying is the Blazer 3 can't support any new pages that the Treo 300 couldn't. It's the same blazer, just slightly faster. What good is a browswer when all you get is "page not supported" or "page error". You'll know the feeling when you get there. I'm not even sure if you can order plane tickets on your T600. Not sure if you can pay bills on there, I'm afraid it's gonna error and screw things up. Right now it's not perfect, so yes I'll have to wait like everyone else for the next latest and greatest.

I dont think many other phone browsers can do more than the T600's. Havne't tested it though. I'll have to ask p900 owners if they can get to certain pages that the T600 can't.
    this thread is getting old.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Originally posted by imageone
    this thread is getting old.
    I agree. People need to learn the Treo wasn't supposed to replace a computer, and realize that some sites werent meant to be viewed on a very tiny screen...
    Originally posted by josephtse

What I'm saying is the Blazer 3 can't support any new pages that the Treo 300 couldn't. It's the same blazer, just slightly faster. What good is a browswer when all you get is "page not supported" or "page error". You'll know the feeling when you get there. I'm not even sure if you can order plane tickets on your T600.
    Word. josephtse's complaints are not only for the car review fans, but ordinary people like me who have been stuck at the minneapolis airport at 3am, trying to get the last hotel room or rental car before the blizzard grinds everything to a halt. I can't tell you the number of times I have been able to "game the system" by checking flight status on my Treo, as opposed to the poor suckers waiting on hold with US Airways customer service, standing in the twenty deep line for a gate agent, or God forbid just staring at the monitors in hopes of making a mad dash for the next flight to show as leaving for LaGuardia on time. Me and my Treo 300 beat 'em every time.

Stuck in Lincoln tunnel traffic? 1010wins.com/traffic. Need an alternate route to Grandma's house? Mapquest.com. Why stumble around an unfamiliar city only to settle for an Applebee's, when chowhound.com will tell you who's got the best soup dumplings this side of Shanghai? Blazer's saved me hours of frustration.

Regrettably, many otherwise useful sites such as citysearch.com or travelocity.com will simply not work with Blazer. I never expected the new Treo to run flash or java, but I'd at least like to check my account balance at chase.com (nope).

A better Blazer was to be my primary reason for upgrading to the T600, but given what I have read it doesn't seem to be worth the money. (At least not for those of us who already have a T300, a digital camera, and an iPod.)

One more thing to keep in mind is that with PalmVNC you can surf any site, albeit in a very painfully slow manner. I once used my Treo to VNC to a linux host, which was running WinXP in a VMWare partition, which was connecting via VPN and Citrix terminal services to my corporate email. A pain to be sure, but it saved me once from losing a client.

dcr
    Blah blah blah! Jtse, you're an *****. My Treo600 can't make toast or wipe my **** either, but then, it's not supposed to. Stop *****in' about what it can't do, and take a look at what it CAN do! I've spent a lot of time using, testing, & researching all the converged devices out there, and this one is the absolute best of the bunch. Upset about the low-res screen? How about the $100 or more you saved because of it? So the camera doesn't compete with a real camera? So what? When you need a real camera, then get one! When you're sitting on the train and someone famous happens to be right next to you, then what are the odds that you had your "good" camera with you? And so what if the browser doesn't support every page? It's not supposed to compete with a computer!

The Treo600 definately isn't perfect, but it is still the most kick-***, coolest freakin gadget on the planet! Complain about it all you want, but I wouldn't give mine up for anything.

Have a nice day!
    Wait, mine makes toast but the ****-wipe feature causes a soft reset. Maybe I have a different hardware revision...
    Originally posted by NBP
    It is sort of funny how polarizing a phone can be. I own a BlackBerry 6210 as well as a Sony Ericsson T616 and not once have I ever been engaged in a debate about either product.

Even as a devout Macintosh user, I don't think I've been involved in any PC vs. Mac discussions as heated as some of the Treo vs. anti-Treo discussions.

Don't get me wrong, folks, I love a good discourse as much as the next guy b/c it does really provide a good pre-evaluation of a product. But at the end of the day, it is still just a gadget.
    Dude my PC will kick the crap our of your Mac. Mac sucks so bad. PeeCees are the way to go!

Turn3
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    Wait, mine makes toast but the ****-wipe feature causes a soft reset. Maybe I have a different hardware revision...
    I notice Sprint left off the ****-wipe feature on purpose from their Treo 600s. B@stards! What will the conspiracy theorists say?
    Originally posted by josephtse
    Haha! Go to VW.com try to click on "jetta" or "GTI", or try to log in to your Sprintpcs.com and log into your account. Try to go to carreview.com and go to a car of your choice, try to click on "next 5 reviews", or audioreview.com for that matter, click on any speaker or receiver of your choice, try to display all or "next 5 reviews".

ALL THESE THINGS YOU CAN'T DO--why? Cause crappy *** Blazer can't support it. Is is java??? NO. Javascript? YES. Blazer hardly supports javascript or half of the web. Sure blazer can get a lot of pages, but not the important ones you need to get to to make a full web browsing experience. This new blazer cannot support any new pages that the Treo 300 couldn't. Don't take my word for it, I only had a Treo300 and I know the pages I coudln't view there. You still cannot view the same webpages. I say get a new browser at the minimum. Opera or something.

Another thing-Blazer can't support flash, .php, .xml, or a whole lot of other script type pages.
    Hey you cry baby dipsh*t, I thought you returned your Treo? Hit the road now.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123