1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. Is it possible to sync my treo 600 with my thinkpad with the ir beam? If so, a link for a how-to would be helpful.
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I'm using BeamSync (Freebie) to IR sync to my Compaq laptop. This is the coolest thing as I used to have 3 cradles clogging up my desk.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...re&prodid=8583

it is an older utility, (I needed it to be compatible for an old Visor) but it works with my Treo 600 ..and it takes some tweaking that is documented on many sites. I remember seeing alot of info re: thinkpad when setting this up. I have a url around somewhere on another machine..I'll try to find it and post.
    Why does it not work out of the box? Mine worked at times (it doesn't any more, which I'm really upset over, but that's beside tht point).
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I may well have worked out of the box...I never checked as I had BeamSync on the Visor and Treo 180..and just beamed it to the 600 when I got it. Never even unpacked the cable. Most of my problems were in setting up the laptop for IR synching. Old habits die hard... Can the standard hotsync app be used for IR? If so, I may want to ditch BeamSync from my catalog.