Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any luck using TreoPictureCallerID? I installed but the picture never showed when somebody called. Has it been optimized for Treo 600 yet?
    It only works for the Treo300...sorry. Someone emailed PDAapps about a Treo600 verision, but it doesn't seem like they're going to release one...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Why would you pay for theirs when Treo 600 has it's own. Just transfer pictures to your transfer folder and assign. It's easier and better than PDA Apps version -- and free. And PDA Apps version does not include upgrades -- you're screwed (and out $30) when the Treo 900 version comes out.
    Originally posted by masonuc
    Why would you pay for theirs when Treo 600 has it's own. Just transfer pictures to your transfer folder and assign. It's easier and better than PDA Apps version -- and free. And PDA Apps version does not include upgrades -- you're screwed (and out $30) when the Treo 900 version comes out.
    I think the issue most people have with the built-in version is the limitation on how many you can have. You can only assign them to your favorites, not to ALL your contacts (and you can't do it by category or anything like that).
    Originally posted by jennyfur

I think the issue most people have with the built-in version is the limitation on how many you can have. You can only assign them to your favorites, not to ALL your contacts (and you can't do it by category or anything like that).
    EXACTLY! I'ld like to assign over 300 pics to CID's so the 50 limit is definitely extremely aggravating...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Me too. I want to take hundreds of pictures of friends and families and assign picturecallerid to them.

gfunkmagic, did PDAapps give any reason why they're no longer developing it for Treo? Is there no market for it? I see many people are still downloading the software at PalmGear.

It was one of the reason I bought the Treo 600; due to the cool factor of having picturecallerid instead of the boring text. Sigh!
    Originally posted by emy_77
    Me too. I want to take hundreds of pictures of friends and families and assign picturecallerid to them.

gfunkmagic, did PDAapps give any reason why they're no longer developing it for Treo? Is there no market for it? I see many people are still downloading the software at PalmGear.

It was one of the reason I bought the Treo 600; due to the cool factor of having picturecallerid instead of the boring text. Sigh!
    Not all of us had good experiences with this program on the 300. If you have a very large number of contacts, it took so long for the program to plow through the list to pull up the right picture, that the caller had already hung up before the phone started ringing on the Treo, even though the caller was hearing a ringing on their phone from the getgo.

I was missing all my calls and winding up with only voicemails or hangups, until I compared notes with others, deleted this program from my 300 and immediately started getting my calls to ring through while the caller was still on the other end.

So a less ambitious goal, of allowing pictures to be assigned to only a short list of favorites, may be a wiser approach.

NateS
    So the picture/caller ID limit is 50?

Hell, I don't have anywhere near that many people in my address book who I care enough about to see their picture.
    Originally posted by emy_77

My guess is b/c they probably think there probably isn't enough demand for such a program since the Treo600 already has a builtin picture CID...even though it's only limited to 50 contacts. However, if the app does have problems as NateS stated, I probably wouldn't buy it either! Anyway, I'm sure someone can develop a better and faster sorting pic CID to make it worthwhile...