1.    #1  
    Yes, now that you have been a loyal customer or early adopter and probably shelled out over $450 (and still have not received your convenient mail-in rebate) for the phone, and signed two year contracts, and got a new plan, etc, be prepared to realize how much you were getting ripped off.

Behold, the $249 Treo 600! (Just type "treo 600" in the main search page on amazon.com).
    Hanarra meet dead horse. Dead horse meet Hanarra.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry if the horse is dead. However, this dead horse seems $50 cheaper than the other $299 rumors I have read about here. Also, those rumors seemed to be just rumors, this price is for real on amazons website. If I have missed this in some other discussion, I apologize, but I still want to kick the horse anyway. Thud Thud Thud.
    hanarra -

There was a previous offer on amazon at this price that had expired. This appears to be a new offer that is good for purchases through today (for the amazon part of the rebate).

People really ought to double check before they start calling a horse dead

It appears to have gotten a (short) second lease on life.

Note, however, that it does involve a 2 year contract. That probably will make no difference to many, in which case, it's a great deal.
    Amazon always does this. If you scroll down you will see that there has been two rebates that already expired. I think it's just a tactic to get people to see the short purchase date and buy it immediately instead of waiting.

Same rebate with different purchase date = dead horse.
    Originally posted by jaytee
    hanarra -

There was a previous offer on amazon at this price that had expired. This appears to be a new offer that is good for purchases through today (for the amazon part of the rebate).

People really ought to double check before they start calling a horse dead

It appears to have gotten a (short) second lease on life.

Note, however, that it does involve a 2 year contract. That probably will make no difference to many, in which case, it's a great deal.
    It's a deal that reminds me of my days selling electronics when I was younger.

A guy would come up to me and say, how much is that gizmo.

I'd say it's $350.

He'd say, well the guy down the block is offering it to me for $275.

I say, great, go buy it from him.

And the answer I'd get was "he's out of stock".

And my response would be "oh! you asked me the wrong question. When I'm out of stock, MY price is $250." When I'm in stock, it's $350.

Amazon will take your order. But you are gonna have to wait till 1stQ04 cuz after shipping a handful of units, they are blissfully out of stock.
    Get a most of the rebate, e.g. $150, via a Sprint instant credit (Best Buy) or Sprint service credit (TreoCentral) and then play spin the rebate on the remainder ($50-100).

Search on Amazon & Rebates and read the anguish.

Peace.
    Ordered mine Tuesday, November 25.

Shipping was said by Amazon to be estimated for Dec 25 to Jan 1.

I received it Friday, November 27 (would have been the 26th, but for holiday).

Now we'll see about the rebates.
    Originally posted by Smelley
    Ordered mine Tuesday, November 25.

Shipping was said by Amazon to be estimated for Dec 25 to Jan 1.

I received it Friday, November 27 (would have been the 26th, but for holiday).

Now we'll see about the rebates.
    And I know 4 guys who ordered the Amazon deal on the 27th and are still stuck in no man's land.

You were lucky - they are out of stock now and with the HS build to fill approach to inventory management......