1.    #1  
    Raise your hand if you are having problems with your Calendar times -- Goodlink constantly changing your appointment times when you do a reset or go out of Wireless range.

For instance: I live on the East Coast but my appointments change several times a day by either 1 hour (it puts me on Central time) or 3 hours (Pacific time). For some reason it changes all of my appointments and email time stamps. There is no preference to fix this problem. Obviously appointment times should be stable (a 2 pm appointment is 2 pm -- regardless of the time zone the appointment is in). But there is a bug with the Treo and Goodlink software that very frequently resets/displaces my time zone and then changes all of my appointment times.

Please let me know:

1. Your current time zone (where you live)
    2. What time zones it changes you to
    3. When does it do this
    4. What have you tried to do to fix the problem
    5. Are your "Date & Time prefs" enabled for Local Network Setting or not
    6. Anything else you can think of

I am going to try to work with Goodlink to fix this problem.
    This seems to be a bug in the treo 600's use of time zones.
    I have started manually setting my timezone in the prefs
    application and the calendar says good. This does not look
    like a goodlink problem to me.
    Originally posted by masonuc
    Raise your hand if you are having problems with your Calendar times -- Goodlink constantly changing your appointment times when you do a reset or go out of Wireless range.

For instance: I live on the East Coast but my appointments change several times a day by either 1 hour (it puts me on Central time) or 3 hours (Pacific time). For some reason it changes all of my appointments and email time stamps. There is no preference to fix this problem. Obviously appointment times should be stable (a 2 pm appointment is 2 pm -- regardless of the time zone the appointment is in). But there is a bug with the Treo and Goodlink software that very frequently resets/displaces my time zone and then changes all of my appointment times.

Please let me know:

1. Your current time zone (where you live)
    2. What time zones it changes you to
    3. When does it do this
    4. What have you tried to do to fix the problem
    5. Are your "Date & Time prefs" enabled for Local Network Setting or not
    6. Anything else you can think of

I am going to try to work with Goodlink to fix this problem.
    Make sure "enable local network time is NOT checked". that should fix your problem. This is a known problem. I believe it will be fixed in the next release which will be out around Jan 1. If this still doesn't help you call up tech (they have good support and 24hrs.)They now the problem and will fix it I'm sure.
    Goota say I am really enjoying Good on my Treo. I think it's the most stable email real time push system out there for the 600. A couple things missing though.
    Like you lose the abilty to beam contacts. Also you can not do a search of contacts (not from Good or the 600 devices search function). I got other little complaints but overall it's going well. I just call them up and make a feature request. Thats actuall the best part of Good. They want to here your input. They have very decent support with very friendly tech people who have patience and are very open to comments and suggestions to pass on for new versions.
    I am running Goodlink and have been experiencing this problem. I live in the Eastern time zone. After a soft reset, my calendar appointments shifted back three hours, so that my 8:30 appointment became a 5:30 appointment. I have tried both enabling and disabling network time. Has anyone solved this problem?
    I haven't had any problems installing, configuring, nor using the goodlink software with the Treo 600. aacnyc, you can actually do a search for contacts in the good software. Let me know if you guys have problems... I handle IT support for a firm which has a goodlink server here in my neck of the woods. I can contact Good Technologies easily because we deal with them on a weekly basis.
    The Goodlink website recognizes that this problem exists. GL's solution, if you could call it that, is to manually reset your time zone to one different from your own, and then set it back to the correct one.
    I know this is an off topic question, but how much is Goodlink?
    -Digidee
    Originally posted by lazylax28
    aacnyc, you can actually do a search for contacts in the good software.
    I can't seem to find that search feature you mentioned. Can you give me some directions to it. Thanks.
    Originally posted by digidee
    I know this is an off topic question, but how much is Goodlink?
    Good costs $300. a year per user with a minimum 5 user license required. You also need to run Good on it's own server and not on the server which you are running exchange.
    BUT you can always find a good exchange hosting service that has a multi user license with good and just pay for your own license $300), but of course you will need to use their exchange service as well.
    Personally it's all well worth it and IMOHO much better than the berry. Remember you can't get a Treo with Blackberry but you can with Good.
    Hope this helped!