1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've seen that in a lot of threads people have problem to get the keyboard blacklight on. I have the opposite problem ! I can't get the keyboard blacklight off, even with the option-P keys...

Do you know how to solve that ?

Thanks,

Huy
    I didn't know the Treo had a black light built-in?
  3.    #3  
    Yes yes I have it on mine, you don't have it on yours ?
    A lot of people have also complained about the same problem. The general concensus at the moment is that there is no default way to use the device without having the backlight on - if the device is on, the backlight is on. All that Opt-P does is toggle between bright backlight and slightly less bright backlight.

I believe a few people may be working on hacks to deal with this, but I'm not 100% certain.
    the sandman hack has been out quite awhile (not actually a hack)
    http://www.imchatter.com
    I think some of you guys are confusing the keyboard backlight with the screen. Anyway, there is an app called mLights by MotionApps that allows you to configure the keyboard backlights on the Treo600. Nice app imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I think some of you guys are confusing the keyboard backlight with the screen. Anyway, there is an app called mLights by MotionApps that allows you to configure the keyboard backlights on the Treo600. Nice app imo...
    Good point ... I hadn't noticed that huy was talking about the keyboard backlight.

I have noticed that some forms in some apps do cause the keyboard backlight to switch off, and then typing doesn't switch in back on. In all these cases, I find that a tap on the screen switches the keyboard backlight back on. Not ideal, but it works.
  8.    #8  
    Hi,

I have tried mlights, and it's exactly what I was looking for ! It allows me to switch off or on the keyboard's backlight - perfect !

Thanks a lot,

Huy
    mLights sound like what I had been looking for in the preferences on my Treo (obviously without much luck - He he!)

I would have thought a simple option like this would have been built in - but them-s-the breaks huh?

Look forward to trying it out!
    The manual that came with my Sprint 600 says that Cont-P will turn off the keyboard backlight but it only seems to dim the screen itself. I see from the other posts that mlights is a solution to having the keyboard backlight turn off but it seems odd to purchase a program to do something that is supposed to be built in.