1.    #1  
    does any use or know of a good TV remote app for the 600?
    My dream has been to intergrate a universal remote control into a cell phone. You ALWAYS loose the remote, but rarely loose your cell. If you do happen to loose your cell, you can just call it and find it.

Lets say you're at the doctors office and they're watching a spanish soap opera. A lil search on the internet and bada bing SPORTS CENTER!

I also wish they'd make a long metal extendable anetnna so I can scratch myself. But not a ball on the tip, a mini mace that scratches real good... ahhhhhh... I can imagine it now, my leg quivering like little puppy..... forget that last part.

A remote would be cool
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    There is a program called Omni, I think by Phillips (?), I tried it back when on my 270, and I have read about someone trying it on their 600. Yes, it works, BUT, the range is so limited that it is not usefull. The fault lies I believe with the Treo, as opposed to the software.
    I haven't had a chance to test it out, and there seems to be a problem with the IR on my Treo 600 (which I just got on Friday and LOVE!), but the interface is pretty cool. If interested, it's at www.novii.tv. The others don't seem to work (you may want to check other discussion categories - I think that there's more information there)...
    I downloaded the Novil remote and it doesn't work with the T600 yet. Nice interface though, just need it to work with the T600 now. Let me know if anyone finds another good Remote App.

Thanks,
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I'm using Omniremote.

My bedroom TV is a little Sony 14". It is very sensitive - the remote it comes with works from another room if I point it at the bedroom door.

With the Treo & Omniremote I need to point the Treo directly at the TV but it works from anywhere in the room.
    I tried both NoviiRemote and OmniRemote this past weekend and neither worked. NoviiRemote didn't recognize the IR port and OmniRemote seemed to accept "training" but when I tried to use my Treo to change the channel/volume, it didn't work (nothing happened). How did you get OmniRemote to work? Are you using a Treo 600 or an earlier (I'm using a GSM Treo 600).
    I have OmniRemote on my old Palm V and my Treo 270.

The Palm V has great distance, but the Treo 270 stops working at about 8 or so feet.

Does anyone know how the Treo 600 IR performs?
    OmniRemote works for me. (Cingular GSM T600 with 2.08 INT firmware; worked the same before I updated the firmware).

I don't much range though. My Sony WEGA TV works fine from 6 feet or so. So does my Pioneer Receiver.

I did notice that the beam pattern on the T600 doesn't appear to be straight out. I find mine works from further away if I point it down slightly (30); it's as if the beam is pointed up a bit.

Bill S
    I tried the Omniremote program with my treo 600.... the range is only about 4 feet, apparently because the IR beam the Treo generates is pretty weak. Not really worth it IMO!
    i have e mailed novi remote they are working on a new version which they claim will work with the treo 600. should be ready in about a month.

Fred
    Keep us posted.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I own a HS Visor Prism and have the OmniRemote Springboard module. Functionally it works great.

The downside to using your handheld for a remote:

1. When you get greasy hands from eating pizza, you get grease all over the screen.
    2. Programming/Training the device is a real pain.
    3. You literally have to go and get your device, when your regular remote is mostly in the same room as your TV.

I recently purchased a Treo 600 GSM-Cingular and cancelled my home phone. This application would be useful now that I have to keep the cell close by all the time now at home. If you could download remote device configurations from the web, that would make it worth it. Programming each button for each remote can be hours worth of work. I'd also like to see how well they work with the 5-Way Control on the T600 before I buy. I used it once or twice for novelty sake, but then put it in the drawer after that. The macros are probably the best reason to use one of these remotes.

This type of convergence is still a little out there for me. Also if the range stinks, it's definately not worth it.

dootndo2
    the guys at novii sent me the latest version 2.4 ( i emailed them and explained that i bought it just for my treo, they sent me the upgraded app same day) and it works great... the treo's ir is lacking but without a doubt.. it is the best remote app available..

i used to use omni..(and it worked too) but the interface is not very nice and styles are difficut to impliment...

novii is a great solution if you dont mind having to be near the device you are controling (but as i said this is because of the underpowered ir on the treo)...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    how about u send it to me now..i wanna see if it will learn my time warner box. i can get my sony tv to register but its the cable box control i need.
    Originally posted by gernst
    the guys at novii sent me the latest version 2.4 ( i emailed them and explained that i bought it just for my treo, they sent me the upgraded app same day) and it works great... the treo's ir is lacking but without a doubt.. it is the best remote app available..

i used to use omni..(and it worked too) but the interface is not very nice and styles are difficut to impliment...

novii is a great solution if you dont mind having to be near the device you are controling (but as i said this is because of the underpowered ir on the treo)...
    Well I went to their site and I couldn't find this particular version 2.4 but 2.3 !

Can you send it to me please.

I'm sending a PM right away!

Thanks for ur help
    Have any of you looked at a IR extender? I would think that if the IR transmitter is not strong enough to reach your TV it would be strong enough to reach one of these sitting on your coffee or end table. Search googe "IR extender" for more info.

-Turn3