Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ordered my mine on 11/30. I still haven't received my ready for pickup email. I have spent considerable time on hold with sears.com and my local Sears stores. My pickup destination doesn't have it in stock, and I'm told I can't change my location to another nearby store that does have it in. Joy. Is it even worth the savings?
    Hey GeauxTigers,
    Couldn't help but notice your an LSU fan. How bout them Tigers? Anyway, I was wondering if you were located anywhere in the New Orleans area, b/c that is where I am waiting on my card for in store pick up.

Paul
    It shipped! Just got it last night.
    Originally posted by pmurph222
    Hey GeauxTigers,
    Couldn't help but notice your an LSU fan. How bout them Tigers? Anyway, I was wondering if you were located anywhere in the New Orleans area, b/c that is where I am waiting on my card for in store pick up.

Paul
    How 'bout them tigers, indeed! I'm waiting for my card to arrive in Metairie. Yesterday there was at least one in stock at the Westbank store.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on 11/30. On 12/3 I received the following:

Thank you for shopping at sears.com.

Unfortunately, demand for the SD Card, 512 MB that you ordered was so great; we do not have any more in stock. Consequently, we are canceling your order for the item and crediting your credit card. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

What a bummer! Anyone else have this?

David
    I got the same email last Sunday. As Sears took it upon themselves to cancel the order rather than keep it backordered, I immediately called Sears' CS.

It turns out that in my case, a second order entry was made at a later date where my misspelled name was corrected (I originally placed the order over the phone when I had online processing problems). The CSR I talked to said that the first entry was processed and shipping, which I confirmed by the tracking number he emailed me. The card was sold out by the time the second entry with the corrected name was placed, hence the dreaded email. But as I posted a couple of days ago, I did receive my card.

I don't know you'll have a happy ending, but do call CS to at least ensure that your card is backordered at the advertised price.
    Made the trek one more time to Brooklyn today and got a brand new 512 SD card for $99 after having ordered on 12/1. Wish it had gone smoother but based on what I'm reading here, I guess it wasn't that bad. Now to load up some tunes!
    Gah one week after recieving my card, I fried it somehow. Now it locks up my system whenevery I try to copy some files through my card reader and it operates extremely slow on my handheld. I had to format it and now I have to hotsync everything in (which seems to be working sorta, except it hotsyncs up to a point where I have 200mbs left of space and then it just gives me failure errors). I called up Sears and all the stores were out except for one, so I haul *** out to the store 20 miles away to get it exchanged. I get there and there wasn't any, the ***** rep looked at the tag on the bubble holder things they have there and saw 512mbsd, and the actual item was a 256mb SONY MEMORY STICK. Argh.

Anyone know how I can fix this card or how long would it take San Disk to send me a new card if I were to send this in to get fixed? Or any other solutions to this problem?
    Sorry to say this, but in my experience, San Disk SD cards have been not too reliable. Out of 12 cards, I had to return two 128MB SD cards which had similar problems to the ones you are having.
    My 2 San Disk Compact flash cards have benn perfect though.

My advice is if you ever see an offer like this again, buy 2 cards!
    That way if one fails you always have a spare! They are not exactly big and heavy

Good luck with returning it to San Disk!
    YAY!

I finally got a call last night from my local Sears store saying that my card was ready for pick up. It is only more than a month since I orriginally ordered it. And I never did get any kind of explanantion for the delay. I went and picked it up this afternoon without any problems. Now I just need to load it up with MP3's!

Paul
    Originally posted by pmurph222
    YAY!

I finally got a call last night from my local Sears store saying that my card was ready for pick up. It is only more than a month since I orriginally ordered it. And I never did get any kind of explanantion for the delay. I went and picked it up this afternoon without any problems. Now I just need to load it up with MP3's!

Paul
    Now I don't feel so bad. I only waited 3 weeks.
    I ordered mine back in late nov or early Dec sometime... When I got to the store on the expected pickup date (a few days later) they said the orders online weren't being processed properly & I had to re-order in store

The next expected pickup date was Dec 15. They said they would call when the unit arrived, but obviously I was too excited & went in on 12/15 at 3pm to find... NO CARD!

tried going in 2 or 3 more times over the next week or so, but still no card. I spoke to a manger who assured me that they would call as soon as it was checked into inventory.

skip ahead to Jan 26 - still no phonecall, so I called the Sears. After speaking to 3 different people and waiting on hold for 30-40 minutes the sales person hung up on me (most likely an accident - going to put me back on hold - but frustrating anyway)

Called back and finally got someone who in a few minutes was kind enough to tell me "Oh yeah, that card was in a while ago... No one called you? Yeah, it seems since you never came in to pick it up, they sold it. I think we may have 1 hanging around here though... Give me a few minutes & I'll track it down."

Back on hold...

"Ok - found one - I'm putting my name and your name and that it is paid in full on the box & I'll keep it by the radios for you. If you come in and I'm not here, just let them know who you spoke to & that I put it aside for you."

Nice try... not that easy

get to sears next evening on Jan 27 - the guy is not there that I spoke to. The manager I found in the electronics department sends me to the TV dept to speak to some one there - NO IDEA- sent to the returns desk - NO IDEA - called a manager on the intercom who sent to the merchandise pickup - NO IDEA - sent back to electronics to another guy who finally spotted the card in a case with the walkmans.

After about 20 MORE MINUTES of waiting for the guy on the register to finish helping the couple of people he picked up along the way to get mhis keys out and open the case, another associate came by and asked if I was being helped. Told him that the item I needed was in the case locked up in the case next to us.

Finally he was able to unlock the case & get my card out. "Ok - just gotta go check this out in the computer" back to the returns desk where he took a few minutes to double check the payment & my ID and FINALLY GOT MY CARD!

With a feeling of contentment and relief, I stroll out the door of sears...

and the alarm goes off!
    Sears finally got back to me -they cancelled my order
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234