Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. OJM
    I ordered the Seidio Stereo Headset on 11/14 and it still has not shipped. Has anyone received their headset? I believe that treocentral was suppose to receive a unit for testing (since it is included in the headset article). When I placed my order - the Seidio website indicated the headset was "in stock and shipping." The site now indicates that buyers should expect a 1 or 2 week delay. Well I am here to tell you that 1 or 2 weeks is misleading.

I have written numerous e-mails to Seidio and received canned responses which ignore my inquiries as to whether these headset even exist. I finally received a semi-personal response (8 days ago) which indicated that they have shipped many units but they are currently backordered but that I should receive mine within a week. They also threw in a $5.00 coupon for my next purchase (Wuppee!) More than a week has passed and the headset still hasn't shipped! Anyway, I am wondering if they falsely advertised availability to get a jump on skullcandy and others.

Oh yeah - to make matters worse, I have attempted to cancel my order but the Seidio website won't allow cancellation as my order is "in process and cancellation is no longer available." Basically, they appear to have locked people into a purchase for an item that no one knows for sure exists. I would feel better if I knew that ANYONE has received the headset or good information on when we can expect it - any takers. Also, I receommend that the headset article be revised to indicate that shipping is likelydrastically delayed. I don't want to see anyone else get stuck in my stuation.
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Yes - I received mine last week, and it is working fine.
    I ordered mine on 11/19 ..
    Not shipped.. No word from them.
    I'm hanging in there still since I haven't seen a better option as yet.
    Originally posted by JohnBM
    Tell me more - is this the combo-version that works both as stereo headphones for listening to music AND as a telephone headset with a mic and button, with just ONE plug to connect to the Treo 600?

If so, does it work as it should?

Christopher
    Originally posted by grenness

Tell me more - is this the combo-version that works both as stereo headphones for listening to music AND as a telephone headset with a mic and button, with just ONE plug to connect to the Treo 600?

If so, does it work as it should?

Christopher
    Hi,

Just received mine and it works OK (directly in the Treo with 2.5mm jack).

But... don't expect miracles for the sound because the slightest bass you add (pTunes equalizer) and there is distorsion.

If you're playing pTunes and a call comes in, the player pauses, the phone screen comes up and you here your ringtone in full stereo!!
    When you accept the call, you here the sound in your ear phones!

Nice feature.

Don't be too hard on Seidio! My order was handled by a nice young lady: Quick respons and she kept all her promeses!

Bye,

Ton
    Figures. I use the EQ in ptunes, and although I dont need the best quality, I would like to fiddle with them w/o concern.

Glad that they work! The first product to our hot little hands.

Did it come with a button?
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Hi,

No there's no button but a volume control. This control doens't affect the Treo directly, it's probably just a potentiometer.

here's the link:
    http://www.seidio-europe.com/Product...tCode=HMESV-SL
    (you'll probably have to paset it in several times.)

Bye,

Ton
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    Hi,

No there's no button but a volume control. This control doens't affect the Treo directly, it's probably just a potentiometer.

here's the link:
    http://www.seidio-europe.com/Product...tCode=HMESV-SL
    (you'll probably have to paset it in several times.)

Bye,

Ton
    Well,
    that's not the one I'm waiting for - I'm waiting for
    this.
    And looking at the large picture of this one, it sure looks like there's a button on that mic/volume thing.

/Christopher
    Ahh... Mister Bigstuff (that's the advantage when you have extra bucs to spend!)

Guess you're right, looks like you can adjust volume and answer the phone. Hadn't seen this one!

The ear-pieces look like mine.

Happy waiting

Bye,

Ton
  10. OJM
    JohnBM wrote:

<<Yes - I received mine last week, and it is working fine.>>

Thanks for the encouraging info JohnBM. When did you place your order and when did you receive it? ALso, how is the functionality? Do the answer button and volume control work as advertised? Also, how is the earbud sound quality/comfort?

All info is appreciated!
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    What specific version did you get? The 2 in 1 handsfree headset, or the stereo headphones? See earlier posts for links.

I don't think they've even begun shipping the 2 in 1 handsfree headsets. We all got duped into a "pre-order" campaign to beat out skullcandy and others. As many others have said before, beware of Seidio. They are a shady business organization and are known for poor quality.
    The headphones ordered (and received) were simply the stereo headphone - not the ones with the microphone.

The stereo headphones have a volume control and plug in to the Treo without any adaptor.

I am very pleased with the quality.

I ordered them from Seidio about two weeks ago and they were delivered very efficiently (to Hong Kong) about 5 days later.

JohnBM
    The headphones ordered (and received) were simply the stereo headphone - not the ones with the microphone.

The stereo headphones have a volume control and plug in to the Treo without any adaptor.

I am very pleased with the quality.

I ordered them from Seidio about two weeks ago and they were delivered very efficiently (to Hong Kong) about 5 days later.

JohnBM
    Not the product people are interested in this thread.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  14. OJM
    It seems to be official - the stereo headset (w/ mic) is vapor ware. The headsets likely don't exist and won't anytime soon. Anyone have suggestions for an alternative means to loge our complaints with Seidio for their underhanded sales tactics? To those of you who are also waiting for delivery - what feedback have you received from Seidio? Should we send a group complaint?? Would they even care???
    If it's vaporware then they're promising to deliver it next week..
    I got this from them today:
    -------------------------------------
    Dear Valued Customer,

Hope this email finds you well and sorry for the delay in shipping out the Treo 600 Headphones. The big shipment is in transition and on its way here, we're expecting to receive the batch no later than Friday. To express our appreciation and apologize for the inconvenience we might have already caused you, we will give you $10.00 off toward this Treo 600 headphone when we ship out the item to you. (Our internal staff will take care of this for you) Your credit card has not been charged yet, so please rest assured that we would not charge your credit card until we're ready to ship out the product. Let me know if you have any other question. Once again, sorry for the delay!!
    ------------------------------------------

I've never actually recieved vaporware before..so this should be interesting.
  16. OJM
    I wouldn't hold my breath on receiving the headset next week my friend. I received a very similar email response on 11/24. It is now 12/3 and the Seidio site shows that it has not shipped. I was given a coupon code for $5.00. I guess they are feeling generous with you considering your $10.00 discount promise - but it is wierd that they didn't give you a coupon code like they did for me.

Regardless, some seem to be defensing Seidio. I stand by my assertion that the headset did not exist back on 11/16 when they stated it was in "in stock and shipping." My proof you ask? NO ONE has received their order. I find it hard to believe that they sold out of headsets to T600 users yet not one of the most informed treophiles (on treocentral) has reported receiving their order.

No offense to Seidio Defenders - but the proof is in the pudding...
    Mail received yesterday:

----------------------------------------------
    MessageDear Christopher Grenness,

We are very sorry for the delay.

We did not expect that the delivery was going to take so long.

We will receive this product next week and we will be able to ship your order by Thursday or Friday of next week.

Please, receive our apologies.

Sincerely,

Ana Bajo
    SEIDIO-EUROPE
    ----------------------------------------------
    I placed my order on 11/15 and 2 weeks have gone by. I will email today and call tomorrow. I would not have ordered if it was not available. and now with all the xmas shipping it is going to be chaos!
    andres
    Have sent several emails to them over past few weeks asking for more information (like shipping costs to UK) etc. Had no replies yet. Not optimistic about them as an outfit.
    Originally posted by wikka
    If it's vaporware then they're promising to deliver it next week..
    I got this from them today:
    -------------------------------------
    Dear Valued Customer,

Hope this email finds you well and sorry for the delay in shipping out the Treo 600 Headphones. The big shipment is in transition and on its way here, we're expecting to receive the batch no later than Friday. To express our appreciation and apologize for the inconvenience we might have already caused you, we will give you $10.00 off toward this Treo 600 headphone when we ship out the item to you. (Our internal staff will take care of this for you) Your credit card has not been charged yet, so please rest assured that we would not charge your credit card until we're ready to ship out the product. Let me know if you have any other question. Once again, sorry for the delay!!
    ------------------------------------------

I've never actually recieved vaporware before..so this should be interesting.

I emailed them Monday to inquire about my headset that was also ordered now over 2 weeks ago. I got the exact same response back yesterday. I'm ok with waiting now that the headset is $10 less. I better have it before my next flight at Christmas though!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast