Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Originally posted by mattruby
    Are those Seidio headphones actually STEREO (left and right channels, one per each ear) or just BINAURAL MONO (combined left+right piped to both ears)? You should be able to hear different sounds in each ear, on most stereo recordings. Or create test sounds with your desktop computer's microphone and sound recorder software. With the rest of Seidio's flimflam, I'm expecting MONO.
    From what I can tell, they're stereo. But DO NOT buy these headphones for their sound quality. The sound is just above mono quality with very little bass.

BOTTOM LINE: Only buy these headphones if you really hate using the adaptor AND are willing to settle for sound just above mono quality.
    On another point, it's really sad these guys didn't even get the sound right. I really didn't buy these headphones for telephone use. I don't even need the on/off button or mic on the cord. All I want is a good set of headphones for listening to music (volume control on the cord is a plus) that don't require the adaptor! Such a bummer they couldn't even get that right.
    OK.

I Tested with a .wav I created with clearly seperated audio channels. I've now confirmed that the both the MP3 and phone audio are MONO.

I'm collecting more info before I make my call/email.

Anything else I should know?
    Originally posted by wikka
    OK.

I Tested with a .wav I created with clearly seperated audio channels. I've now confirmed that the both the MP3 and phone audio are MONO.

I'm collecting more info before I make my call/email.

Anything else I should know?
    That explains why they posted the new bullet stating "binaural". Problem is, they still label these things as "stereo" headphones. Sounds like some major false advertising to me. These guys are not back peddaling fast enough!
    I ordered my headset based off info from this message board, and I just canceled it based of the new info.

this whole fiasco has proven to me why I don't buy products site unseen. Or wait for it to be released and read a real review and feedback about it.

On another note, I will never purchase a product from Seidio again. They had their chance, I thought it was going to work out when I was offered the $10 discount. I could live with out the button. I will not wear a headset with a mic, and the mic not be functional, let along a button on it that does nothing. If I want a nonfunctional toy headset, I'll borrow my boys Playschool cell phone!

Just to clarify, I don't blame TreoCentral for any of this... TreoCentral Rules!
    The TreoCentral community has joined together to put the stake through the Seidio vampire's heart. Special thanks to Wikka, who took my advice, recorded a test WAV, and demonstrated the MONO audio of these cheap, crappy headphones , before I succumbed and bought them myself.

Now, if someone with a golden ear can just test the Treo600 with the adapter, and some really hi-end audiophile headphones (like my Sennheiser 600), I'll know whether to even bother going down that road. BTW, the iPod has garnered many rave reviews from audiophiles for its AIFF playback, and even some positive reviews for its fattest MP3 playback. Maybe we lucked out with a really nice DAC and opamp.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I just got mine.

The microphone does NOT work.

While listening to P Tunes, if I slide the balance all the way to the right, I can still hear the music out of BOTH ear buds. If I slide the balance all the way to the left, there is NO sound out of either ear bud. Thus, this is NOT a stereo headset. To make sure it wasn't my Treo, I tried my walkman headset and it works fine and is stereo.

I think we should all send them back and demand that they pay for shipping it back and refund all our money, including shipping.
    Jeff
    What's weird is that they didn't even combind the two channels to make it mono, they just took the right channel and wired it to both earbuds.
    Originally posted by mattruby
    Now, if someone with a golden ear can just test the Treo600 with the adapter, and some really hi-end audiophile headphones (like my Sennheiser 600), I'll know whether to even bother going down that road. BTW, the iPod has garnered many rave reviews from audiophiles for its AIFF playback, and even some positive reviews for its fattest MP3 playback. Maybe we lucked out with a really nice DAC and opamp.
    I don't have the S600's but I do have Sony MDR-V700's that I'll try with the adapter tonight if I can remember. I'm confident that it will sound pretty good.
    I'm glad I didn't buy this headset yet. I almost did. Seidio really screwed up with this one. Their reputation is down the drain on everything now. No one will buy any products from them after this mess.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I knew this was a mess but with these new facts, wow... it's hard to believe that any legitimate organization would try to pull this. The playschool toy comment was right on the money. derosnec, I'm very interested in hearing what kind of response seidio gives you because the situation seems completely unexplainable to me.

I'm not sure what to do now with this garbage on its way. I guess I'll contact FedEx and instruct them to send it back and then contact Seidio and demand a refund.
    In New York State, it is illegal to "bait and switch", promising features, then delivering less, but offering a discount. You'll have to decide who is liable for your decision to purchase one thing, and receive another.
    I just received mine, and I can attest to the truth of all the comments above. The unit is NOT stereo, it has no microphone, the button is fake. This is a RIPOFF*!!!!

Now, to be fair, it is possible that Seidio commissioned this to be manufactured, um, overseas, and the manufacturer didn't understand what was required. However, they should have TESTED one to see if it worked!

I am returning mine ASAP, and will put the charge in dispute with the credit card company. I'll leave it to others to push for prosecution.........
    The FedEx box with my headset just arrived and I'm not even going to open it to test it. I can't because I'm still waiting for the T-Mobile Treo 600 to be released, but that's a whole other can of worms.

I've been following this thread and am convinced that the product I received will not be the product that I ordered. Yesterday, I sent them an e-mail describing my disappointment and letting them know that I would like to return the package. After I received my FedEx box, I called them to follow up with my e-mail.

The CSR at Seidio was apologetic and acknowledged that there is a problem. They are working on a solution as we speak. I was told to expect an e-mail response today or possibly tomorrow. The CSR said that it is possible that they will refund what I paid and they may not even ask for the product back. She could not commit to this as they are still figuring out a way to respond.

So, I'll wait with this unopened box that holds a product that I did not order. I guess I can be patient since I don't even have my T-Mo Treo 600 yet. I was hoping to have all my software and accessories ready for when the baby comes home. Looks like the "right" all-in-one headset will have to wait a while.

On the bright side: I have become a master of patience, a virtue that I've been meaning to cultivate ; )
    Last edited by OriginalSim; 12/11/2003 at 12:53 PM.
    Dear Valued Customers,

Thank you for visiting and shopping at Seidio.com. Seidio accepts all the technical challenges to fulfill the needs for all the mobile users on their mobile devices. Seidio is committed to creating superior products which offer the highest standards of quality, durability and the most innovative design.

As of December 11, 2003, our product testers have encountered more technical issues on the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL) after the first batch was produced. Seidio will stop shipping this product until all the issues are fixed. Meanwhile, we will still accept the challenges and working hard to develop a new version hands free stereo headphone for Treo 600. This new version will be able to make phone calls with and be used as a regular headphone for music.

For all valued customers who received the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL) or on the order status showing ˇ§SHIPPEDˇ¨:
    All the charges including shipping (shipping cost will be refunded in proportion if more than one item is in an order) will be credited back to your credit card account. No return is necessary. Please allow 3-5 business days for the processing and refunds. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you after the process is completed.

For all valued customers who has NOT received the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL):
    Your item will NOT be shipped and will be cancelled automatically from our system. If you have any other item(s) in your order, all items will still be shipped and the shipping cost will be adjusted. Please allow 2-3 business days for processing. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you after the process is completed.

We apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused you. We at Seidio are committed to provide our customers the best items and support in the industry, and though this has been an inconvenience, we are glad our product testers were able to discover these defects as quickly as they have. Seidio will continue to develop a new batch or model of the Hands Free and Headphone combo headset for Treo 600. We are working hard on this new batch or model which can satisfy the needs. We are looking forward to release a perfect and reliable solution to all customers in the near future.

Please be aware, we continue to carry the ˇ§Ear Bud Headset w/ Coiled Cord for Treo 600ˇ¨ and ˇ§Stereo Headphone w/ Volume Control (Universal 2.5 mm jack) for Treo 600ˇ¨ which have passed our quality testing. Please rest assured our concerns are only with the ˇ§Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600ˇ¨ (SKU# HMESVOT-SL)

If you have any questions, problems concerning your order or any comments for our products, Seidioˇ¦s customer support is available from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm Central time, at 1877-2-SEIDIO.

Sincerely,

Seidio, Inc.
    Now that's a lesson in chutzpah for any company encountering defects in its product line that require a product recall: first stress your company's pursuit of quality; then announce lousy manufacturing defects, then praise your product testers' adept catch of defects after product is released (after significant delay) to the public; and finally advise your customers that they should consider similar, other products in your line that you assert are not suffering defects related to the affected stereo headsets.

A masterstroke of secretive pre-ordering, poor manufacturing and recalcitrant marketing efforts in combination. I suppose "it depends on the way you define 'binaural' as to whether that means stereo or not.

I've heard enough: will steer clear of Seidio forever.
    I'm willing to give them another shot if/when they come up with an all-in-one headset that works well on the Treo 600. Although, I am likely to buy the first working all-in-one headset that comes out, Seidio or not. So, I hope Seidio moves quickly in coming up with a working solution and regaining some of the credibility it lost because of this problem.

Good luck, Seidio, and know that we are watching and wary. Make this next batch/model be so awesome in quality and price it'll blow us and your competition away.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234