Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Received mine today as well. My first take - somewhat disappointed. The sound is very weak from PTunes. Volume is way too low for me and the fidelity is much less than a decent set of stereo ear buds. If you turn up the volume, the sound degrades even further. Not sure how well these headphones will handle a noisy gym.

So here's my pros/cons list:

Pros: No adaptor needed for stereo headphones; volume control

Cons: VERY WEAK sound quality for music; not a big fan of the over the neck design

Basically, with the adaptor, you can do everything these headphones do minus the volume control but with better stereo sound. So if you really need good sounding headphones for music, I WOULD NOT recommend these (btw, you'll get slightly better bass with these headphones if you reverse the left and right earpieces - e.g., put the right earpiece in the left ear - hilarious, but true). I also wouldn't pay more than $20 for these things either.

Edit: Just noticed that the mic on the headset cord doesn't appear to be operational (others please do your own test to confirm). This could cause a problem if you want to put the phone in your pocket while having a conversation since the T600 mic is what's used to capture your voice.
    Last edited by treotim; 12/10/2003 at 01:16 AM.
    Ordered 11/15
    shipped out 12/08
    will arrive 12/11 (I hope)
    andres
    I'm really disappointed about the talk/hang up button not being there. That's a very important feature for me. Maybe Seidio or some other company will put that feature on the next headset they come out with.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treosixoo
    I'm really disappointed about the talk/hang up button not being there. That's a very important feature for me. Maybe Seidio or some other company will put that feature on the next headset they come out with.
    Actually, the button is still there, it just doesn't work...

I got the call today and I asked about and confirmed what I had read in this thread: the headset was intended/designed to work with a hands free button -- but the buttons on the ones that are shipping don't do anything!

I was told that in the future they might get around to resolving the button's functionality. But even if they do end up fixing the design, we won't be able to exchange the ones we ordered for an upgrade. What a bunch of crap.

I was offered the $10 refund, but in order to do so I had to discard a $5 coupon credit that was originally applied to my order. So it was really only a $5 refund.

In spite of all of this, I ended up still authorizing the purchase/shipment. Do I feel ripped off? Manipulated? Yes, definately. Scammed? I don't know...

But it will be nice to be able to talk on and listen to music over the same earpiece, with no adapters -- exactly the way you would think that the headset that comes with the Treo 600 would work, but doesn't. Finally, I will be able to do this.

Now I'm just praying that the rest of the actual product's quality is not as disappointing as the company's marketing and distribution. We'll see...
    Well Said.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I was going to buy this headset, but I will hold off for now. Maybe by the beginning of the year someone will come out with "THE RIGHT" headset were all hoping for.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I'm (not) holding my breath for mine to come in tomorrow or the next day. I have a 99% guess (backed by a review earlier in this thread) that not only does the one-touch button not work (as they admitted), but that the MICROPHONE won't work.

I have a feeling (I will admit if I am wrong) that this is simply a pair of stereo headphones with the correct jack. I don't think they fixed/created anything! Not a surprise, however since no other company can find a work around to the three-pole maddness yet.

For those who have it in hand...really check to see if it is picking up your voice from the headset microphone or from the back of the Treo (try tapping on both...that's the only way I could find out for sure that my T300 headset wasn't realyy working).

We'll see...
    I received it a day early.
    I was concerned because someone said the mic didn't work. It does! first thing i tried out.
    the button doesn't even move,
    the sound was good (for me) and the volume control worked as expected.
    what was weird is this over the neck design... never seen it before and it was awkward. if you are using it in the car i guess you have to use the "L" earpiece (because it is where the mic hangs from) and use the "R" (that has the long wire so it goes over the neck) so that you can hear your music.
    I did get my $10 off and the total was $23.33 (17.95 for set, and 7.38 s&h)
    I will be happy with this one. i just lament that they dont have the button to answer and hung up.
    should give us a special discount to "upgrade"
    andres
    just received and....

The mic does NOT work!!

I rarely speak out of products, but this thing is a piece of CRAP!

First to the poster who thinks the mic is working. Plug the headphones in and then put the Treo in your pocket or cover the Treo mic on the back with the palm of your hand. Now talk directly into the mic on the cord.

Why do they SUCK, let me count the ways:
    1. mic doesn't work
    2. answer/hang up button doesn't work(they admitted after we ordered)
    3. CHEAP thin plastic design
    4. sound quality poor (iPod buds blow it away)
    5. uncomfortable in ears

What do I like:
    1. plugs in without adapter.

MY suggestion is don't buy. They are just a cheap pair of stereo headphones. Spend that $25 on a good set.

total disappointment.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I just did a follow up test on the mic issue. The mic on mine definitely doesn't work! To test, just simply cover the mic on the phone itself and leave yourself a voicemail. I did this and couldn't hear a thing until i took my finger off the hole in the bottom of the Treo.
    OK, this is BS.
    I've also confirmed that the mic does work.
    Any suggestions for a course of actions with Seidio?

Right now i want a full refund.
    Originally posted by wikka
    OK, this is BS.
    I've also confirmed that the mic does work.
    Any suggestions for a course of actions with Seidio?

Right now i want a full refund.
    you said " I've also confirmed that the mic does work"

you mean DOESN'T ?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Oops.. Horrible typo.

Correction.. "The mic does NOT work"
    yup...
    they are a piece of crap..
    did the cover in the mic on the phone and could barely hear myself on the voicemail.
    now to send them back because, i'll wait for the one that this one offerED to do back when it was released.
    let me start another thread to warn the newbies.
    andres
    I am talking especifically about the Seidio Hands Free Stereo Headphones for Treo 600
    https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...ode=HMESVOT-SL

See thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=1

where on 11/14 they had the product available and shipping, and also showed that the one touch button worked (to hang up and answer)

we were lured into ordering this deviced only to find on 11/17 that it was backordered and did not begin shipping until 12/05 and then it did said that the one touch button did not worked. we were given $10 off for our troubles.

One we got them, we come to find out the mic does not work. This is not a fluke all 5 that have posted so far have had the same problem.

now the returning process begins.
    andres
    I have one on order and will probably arrive this week. This bites. Seidio's business model will put them under. Looks like Skullcandy will be 'first to market' with the real combo headphones after all.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Sheesh.
    I have two on order, they are expected to ship on friday. I have sent Seidio an e-mail asking for them to confirm or deny what people in this thread are finding (Not that I don't believe, I just wan't to hear their reaction).
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    Are those Seidio headphones actually STEREO (left and right channels, one per each ear) or just BINAURAL MONO (combined left+right piped to both ears)? You should be able to hear different sounds in each ear, on most stereo recordings. Or create test sounds with your desktop computer's microphone and sound recorder software. With the rest of Seidio's flimflam, I'm expecting MONO.
    By virtue of the fact that the microphone doesnt work, I would guess that the headset is stereo (Since the L channel is also the mike input).

Unless there is a switch that configures the headset for stereo/handsfree, there is no _simple_ solution that I can see.
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    I ordered one based on this recomendation
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/P...et-122-74-.htm

Had it not been for their recomendation I would not have ordered one. How can they review a product without testing it?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast