Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I would like to purchase this product, but the Jabra site says nothing about the T600 (it references the T300 only). There is one that is compatible with all 2.5mm jacks...is this the right one?

If not, can someone tell me which one I should buy?

Thanks!
    I bought this and love it. You do have to shaved a little of the rubber base in order for it fit, but it works like a charm. No distortion, very loud, and crystal clear.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    So the one that you bought which worked....was it the one that says it is compatible with all 2.55mm jacks? Or did you buy the one for the Treo 300? Thx.
    Last edited by dmchen; 12/01/2003 at 11:25 AM.
    Originally posted by dmchen
    I would like to purchase this product, but the Jabra site says nothing about the T600 (it references the T300 only). There is one that is compatible with all 2.5mm jacks...is this the right one?

If not, can someone tell me which one I should buy?

Thanks!
    buy the 2.5mm jack for non-nokia phones. should have two black bands on it, not 3.

i had the nokia version for my t300. sounds great. only problem is the microphone. doesn't pick my voice all that clearly compared to the mic on the treo.
    I have Jabra Freespeak BT200 for Blue tooth enabled phones... is there a connector or plug-in that I could buy to make it work with my new GSM T600 (Fedex is expected to deliver it today before 3:00?
    I just purchased a Jabra Windup for my Treo 600 and am having a problem with it I hope some more experienced folks here can help solve:

* I confirmed that I have the correct "universal style" 2.5mm, 3-pole jack version, yet when I insert the plug into the Treo 600 headset jack, the plug doesn't stay in the jack, it comes back out just enough so that I don't get audio in the earpiece. The only way I get audio in the earpiece is to manually press the plug into the jack and hold it there.

* I have read here that some people have shaved or trimmed a little of the rubber base on the plug to get it to fit. Can anyone provide some advice on what part to trim, how much, and any cautionary things to watch out for? What tool do you use to trim the plug? Is it possible to trim off too much and wreck things? I am worried that if I shave off too much of the base or the wrong parts, then I will ruin my Jabra Earset.

* A more general question as a Treo 600 owner and booster: is the problem with the Jabra Windup plug being non-standard? Or is the problem with the Treo600 being non-standard? Or are they just not compatible on a standard basis to work together?

Buddy
    Last edited by buddy; 01/13/2004 at 09:16 PM.
    Originally posted by nikenew
    I have Jabra Freespeak BT200 for Blue tooth enabled phones... is there a connector or plug-in that I could buy to make it work with my new GSM T600 (Fedex is expected to deliver it today before 3:00?
    You cannot use that.
    You need one for "non BT" phone with a standard 2.5mm plug, which comes in 2 parts: the ear set and the one that plugs into the phone.
    http://pc-mobile.net
    To "trim" the plug I just used a razor blade and skimmed the edge off the plug. Hold the plug in your left hand and the razor in your right. Rest the edge of the razor on the metal of the plug so the cutting part is in contact with the black plastic. Rotate the plug around so the razor cuts down the plastic kind of like a lathe. It sounds waaaay more complicated than it is. I was worried too, but it took like 2 minutes to do...