1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is a way to tell if a phone is locked or unlocked without having another sim to try in the phone?

I plan to be ebaying my 270 next week when I finally get my 600. My original 270 phone was an unlocked phone from Handspring, a couple of months ago I had a speaker problem and got the phone replaced under warranty by Tmobile.

I don't know if the replacement phone is locked or unlocked and would like to find out prior to listing it for auction.

Suggestions???
    No good deed goes unpunished
    i believe that if it has the t-mo logo, it came locked.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    i believe that if it has the t-mo logo, it came locked.
    Hi Felipe

Tmobile logo on the phone case, or tmobile logo when turning on the wireless.

My phone does have a tmobile sticker on the case but no other branding when using the phone.

Thanks in advance.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Same thing here - I had two phones direct from Handspring before TMO started selling/supporting them. I'm just going to phone them tomorrow - tell them I want it unlocked if it is locked, because I'm selling it. We have 5 phones with T-Mobile. I'm sure they will oblige <g>.

Danita
    the first replacement that i got from t-mo had a t-mo emblem on the hinge.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    That's how my latest Treo 270 is as well - T-Mobile branding on the flip hinge - just across from the "treo". I'm assuming it is locked - tempted to stop by an AT&T store (it's closer) and ask them if they can just pop a SIM in to see for me. Then if it is locked, I'll get T-Mobile to unlock it for me. I'm not really concerned about it - I'm pretty sure they will do it - I've had my plan with them for over a year, and like I say, our household has 5 phones with them.

Danita
    What about in the network settings?

Mine for example (I think it was unlocked when I bought it), has in the network settings, T-Mobile internet and T-Moble VPN settings that you cannot delete or modify.

Would this signify that it is locked?

It does not have tmobile branding on the outside anywhere.
    Hello,

I have no setting on my Treo 180, no banner showing up when i power up to wireless mode... just the handspring character doing handflips... and then it says can't register to the network. The box says T Mobile, and I'm trying to use a sim with ATT...

Can anyone please help?

Ronjie