1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a third party address book application that REPLACES the built in one. The built in address book doesn't have enough data fields in it and therefore I can't get all my outlook data onto my Treo. I know that KeyContacts can handle many more fields and it would be fine except when I use it in conjunction with other third party time management programs (like DateBK5), DateBK5 goes to the built in address book application instead of KeyContacts. Any way to get around this? I need to have KeyContacts actually replace the built in address book.
    Agendus is good, but I don't think you get any extra fields.

Syncing twice to update both built-in address book and Key Contacts is one workaround.

Multibook is another workaround, but crashes on the t600 if you view the notes field.
    Last edited by Cyril; 12/01/2003 at 08:34 AM.
    This has been my problem as well. I love the Treo but Palm software either really sucks or I am not using it correctly. I moved to the treo from a psion 3mx and had 2000 contacts. I can not find a program which will search all fields, not just company and names. I have tried contacts4, contactspro, key contacts, beyond contacts, act for palm and others. None have the all inclusive search feature of the psion. Any suggestions
    Originally posted by zyrkael
    This has been my problem as well. I love the Treo but Palm software either really sucks or I am not using it correctly. I moved to the treo from a psion 3mx and had 2000 contacts. I can not find a program which will search all fields, not just company and names. I have tried contacts4, contactspro, key contacts, beyond contacts, act for palm and others. None have the all inclusive search feature of the psion. Any suggestions
    Assuming you are talking about the Treo 600 (I don't have experience of any previous Treo models), have you tried using the in-built contacts applications with the in-built Find option? As far as I can see, it searches all the contact fields, including the 4 Custom fields and attached notes. Forgive me if you already know this, but for those who don't, run the Phone app, choose to display Contacts, then press Opt-Shift. In the resulting dialog, type what you're looking for. Since the Find was run whilst the Contacts database was open, this will be the first database searched.
  5. Gab
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    what a great tip!!! thank you