1.    #1  
    I've installed the new T600 desktop software on a Dell with Windows XP, but whenever I open it, the monitor goes blank for a few seconds and when it displays, everything is off-color and shaded strangely. If I go to the control panel display screen and settings, the color has changed to 8 bits; if I set it to 16 or 32, the color gets back to normal, but if I close and open Palm desktop again, it goes blank again and returns to the fuzzy 8 bit color.

Does someone know how to correct this. This doesn't happen on my Mac --- only the Dell, and it was always that way with previous Palm devices?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Ken Haynes
    I've installed the new T600 desktop software on a Dell with Windows XP, but whenever I open it, the monitor goes blank for a few seconds and when it displays, everything is off-color and shaded strangely. If I go to the control panel display screen and settings, the color has changed to 8 bits; if I set it to 16 or 32, the color gets back to normal, but if I close and open Palm desktop again, it goes blank again and returns to the fuzzy 8 bit color.
    I think your first stop would be contacting Handspring Technical Support with your problem. It could be that their Handspring Desktop Software does something funny with the video mode during application startup, with which your configuration does not agree.

-Jeff Ishaq