Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 thinks I'm on Central time even though I live in D.C. This is causing a big problem with my Calendar (long story -- I use Goodlink for email) and means that I can't have my time set by the Sprint network.

Has anyone had a problem like this?
    Did you take a look at your settings in CityTime? Mine came with "Chicago" as the default location. Once I changed it to DC and I enabled "Local Network Time" under Preferences/Date & Time everything was back in sync.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    No I tried that. Whenever I change it to DC, then enable Network Time Settings -- it thinks I live in the Central Time Zone and when I click on City Zone it says that my home city does not match my date & time prefs. It's really weird.
    I have exactly the same problem, also using Good. Every time the device soft resets, it moves my emails and calendar back 3 hours, as if I am on Pacific time for some reason. However, the City / Date settings revert back to Chicago. Also, oddly, the Good Inbox button gets hijacked by the Sprint BizCon app each time, requiring me to reassign it.

What I do every time a soft reset happens:
    - Reassigning the Email button to Good Inbox, rather than Sprint BizConnection
    - Under the Phone Pref menu, Date & Time, I click the "Enable Local Network Time", switch to the calendar, then go back to the Date & Time options and unclick the "Enable Local Network Time" box.
    - Under the City Time app, I then have to let it figure out that I am not in Chicago, then force me to choose where I have moved to (New York)

Orin
    Hmmm...I am not using Goodlink, but I don't see why that would be the problem. However, I guess you never know. What if you uncheck the "Enable Local Network Time", change "Set Time Zone" to USA(Eastern) or whichever applies, and change "Daylight Saving" to Off?

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  6.    #6  
    Okay, so it's a Good problem. I figured that. I am really getting annoyed at this product. $300+ for something that should really be in beta testing. Sure the email is cool, but the contacts and calendar all suck.

What I can't figure out is why, whenever my time zone gets screwed up (by Good), it changes ALL OF MY APPOINTMENTS. How stupid is that? If I switch time zones, my appointment times don't change! It even changes "all day" appointments -- so when it puts me on Pacific time, for instance, a birthday will run for 2 days! It makes no sense.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by cash70
    Hmmm...I am not using Goodlink, but I don't see why that would be the problem. However, I guess you never know. What if you uncheck the "Enable Local Network Time", change "Set Time Zone" to USA(Eastern) or whichever applies, and change "Daylight Saving" to Off?

cash70
    For some reason, that doesn't work -- Good still screws up your calendar by putting you on Pacific time. It's very weird, annoying, and unpredictable.
    I don't ude Goodlink but I have experienced this problem. It has happened twice, once when I first got the Treo and later after a soft reset. I think what I do is turn off getting the time fromthe network, set my time in prefs and city time and use it like that for a while before I turn on Network time again... I think...
    i used treomail with t3 and mail always like it was pst even though time in t3 is est. never been able to get right for over ayear
    I had an interesting problem with Citytime this weekend (first trip with the T600) where the home city was getting dropped every time I ran the program. Turns out the home city I was selecting in Citytime was different than my time zone setting in preferences (it didn't sync over from my T180). Changed this and it works fine now. Could this be a similar issue to yours?
    I am running Goodlink and am also experiencing this problem. I live in the Eastern time zone. After a soft reset, my calendar appointments shifted back three hours, so that my 8:30 appointment became a 5:30 appointment. I have tried both enabling and disabling network time. Has anyone solved this problem?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    masonuc,

there has been several updates to the GoodLink software to fix several of these issues. Contact your GoodLink Support person to get more information.

p.s. im not affiliated with Good in anyway. I just happen to use the heck out of GoodLink and have seen these issues in the past.
    I've had the same problem. Also in DC, and kept reverting to CST. Nearly missed a flight because of this too. Grr. The only way I've gotten this problem under control is to disable Network Time and then change/make sure Date and Time prefs and City Time show EST. And keep Network Time disabled.

Originally posted by masonuc
    No I tried that. Whenever I change it to DC, then enable Network Time Settings -- it thinks I live in the Central Time Zone and when I click on City Zone it says that my home city does not match my date & time prefs. It's really weird.
    I also use Goodlink on the Treo 600 and I have experienced the citytime issue. I've given up on the network time and I just disable it in the prefs and set my timezone.
    masonuc,

This might be a long shot but I had this problem with another cellphone (non-Treo) I had previously. The problem had something to do with the GMT settings. Check your Time/Date and verify the GMT numbers to see that the +/- number for USA (Under Set Time Zone) is the correct number.

In my Treo, USA Pacific is -8, Mountain is -7
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I have this problem too, also in the DC area, and I do not use GoodLink. I stopped using City Time to avoid the problem.
    You can still use city time, just use the internal clock verses the Network time. Heck the clock stays pretty on comaired to net time. I am in Austin,Texas, central with DST off and it (the sprint) network thinks I am in moutnain time with DST on. When I went to Dallas and San Degio, I didn't have this issue, the network time was correct. I think it's the local carrier having their settings wrong and only poeple that have a phone like us can tell. 90% of the phones just want the correct time.
    This biggest issue is getting Sprint to beleive us and do somehting.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I have Worldmate, so I don't really need City Time. What is the usefulness of that app anyway? Just to look up times in other countries, or am I missing something?
    Im in Austin and have had this problem since getting the phone. I dont have good or anything like that. BUT I tried to change my city to Dallas, and the network time is working. I think it has to do with entering a new city. I tried to re tap on the location for Austin, and now it seems to be working. Make sure you click on the map somewhere in the timezone you really want!

I like to look at it to see how much darkness/daylight i have left!
    too bad it doesn't sync with live satellite maps too!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    It geared more to a business person that travles or has accounts in different time zones. Also good for people who have kin and friends all over the word or nation. It lets me change location with ease and still keep taps on stuff all over the world. I find it very usefull.

have Worldmate, so I don't really need City Time
    Does Wordmate have provisions for this? I assume it's a document engine for Palm, I use Documents to Go (Word,Excell, Powerpoint and such) I have zero understanding of Wordmate.

Thanks,matt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast