Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is another huge yet simple flaw of the Treo. There is simply no way to easily turn the ringer (and vibrate) completely off (e.g., when you go to sleep). Has someone written a program to alleviate this?
    Turn off wireless mode.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  3.    #3  
    That's not a good solution. I want my phone on to log incoming calls and so I can quickly check my email if I wake up in the middle of the night (or right when I get up).
    Mind you, I haven't tried this personally, but in the phone preferences, you have the option to turn off vibrate when the sound switch on top of the Treo is turned off. Would this do what you want?

Phone App - Options - Sound Prefs - Bottom item
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  5.    #5  
    Of course, but my whole point is that's a pain -- I have to completely reset my prefs every time I go to sleep then agaub when I wake up?

Someone should create a simple program that just shuts off vibrate and ringer. Then click it again and it resets your vibrate and ringer to before you hit it last time.
    Yes it would be very simple.

However, what we need is a profiles manager.

This would allow different banks of favourites, quick texts, ringer modes, tones etc...

You would be able to name and define an unlimited number and create a different profile for each. There should also be an option to do all this on an SD card so you can free up main memory.

There should also be a timer option which could switch between profiles at specified times of day and /or week or month.
    Originally posted by Cyril

...However, what we need is a profiles manager.

...There should also be a timer option which could switch between profiles at specified times of day and /or week or month.
    YES! I second the motion.

Originally posted by Cyril

However, what we need is a profiles manager.
    I can't agree with you more. It seems like when Handspring wanted to make the Treo more "phone"-like, they concentrated on hardware and forgot about the software-side of it.

Examples:
    • "Profile" capability has been in Nokia and Ericsson phones for years
    • How about a standard alarm clock? I shouldn't have to spend money for this feature.
    • "Caller groups" -- another standard feature in other phones -- is only available if you purchase software such as TC Ringer.

Handspring are you listening?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dregar

[*]How about a standard alarm clock? I shouldn't have to spend money for this feature.[/list]

Handspring are you listening?
    There's a ton of nice Alarm clocks on palmgear.com
    As another user stated, there are tons of them on the web. Take a look at Bob's Alarm - it is still in beta but the release currently out appears to be stable. $4.95 is the cost. I have it on three Treos - one 600 and two 300s.

Ben

===============

Originally posted by jleggett

I agree, profiles are a big plus, neither the Sony Ericsoon p800/p900 nor the Treo has them. Too bad
    Originally posted by masonuc
    This is another huge yet simple flaw of the Treo. There is simply no way to easily turn the ringer (and vibrate) completely off (e.g., when you go to sleep). Has someone written a program to alleviate this?
    There is a silent ringtone on Treo600Essentials.com that many are using for this purpose.
    I don't suppose you tried the button on the top that turns the sound off.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by muhteg
    I don't suppose you tried the button on the top that turns the sound off.
    I can't tell if you're being a wiseass, so my response will just be to read the thread.
    There are two switches on the top of the T600. The one on the left is a slider that allows you to go "silent." Slide it to the right and your phone goes silent ... but it will still vibrate.

Hope that helps
    Button on the right, not the left.

My bad.
  17. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    He wants a switch that turns off ringing AND vibrate.
    Jeez! That's two d*mb a**es that can't read!
    Originally posted by jleggett

Yes. You and I know that there is at least Bob's Alarm that works well with Treo 600. But what about most other people out there -- potential new market that Handspring supposedly want to capture? Alarm clock is not an exotic feature. I say it again: I should not have to pay money for this feature.
    Originally posted by dregar

Yes. You and I know that there is at least Bob's Alarm that works well with Treo 600. But what about most other people out there -- potential new market that Handspring supposedly want to capture? Alarm clock is not an exotic feature. I say it again: I should not have to pay money for this feature.
    Actually, there is a builtin alarm..it's integrated into the calendar! Anyway, there lots of free alarm clocks out there for PalmOS...unfortunately many of them are not fully compatible with the Treo600 yet, but give it time and I'm sure there'll be alot more popping up...

Regarding the Profiles, I agree that sounds like a great idea. In addition to setting the ringer/silent settings, I would also love to be able to specify setting for the wireless mode, keyboard light, alarm etc. I realize there are already various apps like Treohelper, Treotools, mlights etc that do many of there tasks, but I would love to have one unified application that did ALL of these seamlessly according to specified selectable profiles!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What you might want to try is a ringtone Profile Manager for Treo 600 like the new RingProfiles. You can download it at: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=139438

It has a Silent profile that switched everything OFF (including Vibrate) on your Treo 600. In one click you silence everything when you go to bed and then in the morning when you wake up you can switch to the Normal profile and get all your normal ringtones/vibrate settings. That should work for you.

May the piece be with you !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast