1.    #1  
    I have been using Act! 6.0 for years. It flawlessly syncs with my data on the new Treo 600, which I absolutly love!

However, like many handhelds I have used in the past, there is a deficiency in scheduling appointments, todo's and calls when scheduling directly in the T600.

All items scheduled in the T600 are scheduled with my contact record in Act! instead of with the individual with whom I want to schedule it.

Is there a work around on scheduling so that I don't have to change every item after I hot-sync?
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    I have Act! 2000 which I have been using for over 3 years now. I ordered Treo 600 recently... would Act 2000 work with T600? I have located the installation CD too...

An early response would be great!
  3.    #3  
    [i]would Act 2000 work with T600? I have located the installation CD too...

[/B]
    I see no reason it wouldn't. I have been using Act since Ver 4.0.

I use Companionlink to hot-sync. It worked fine on other palm OS handhelds and is perfect with the new T600, with the exception I mentioned above.
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    Hi:

Get a copy of ACT! for Palm. This works with ACT! 6.0, and has just been updated using a Hot-fix for the Treo600 that will allow you to dial from the application (palm-side).

I use this everyday and it works great. You can associate your Calls, Meetings, and To-do's the correct contact, and it will sync as you would expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by brice
    Hi:

Get a copy of ACT! for Palm. This works with ACT! 6.0, and has just been updated using a Hot-fix for the Treo600 that will allow you to dial from the application (palm-side).

I use this everyday and it works great. You can associate your Calls, Meetings, and To-do's the correct contact, and it will sync as you would expect.
    Brice;

I have act 6.0 and act for palm OS on my treo 600 verizon. And as you said it works great ....phone....calander....sync....to dos. I keep my personal stuff in the treo programs. friends, fixes around the house, personal stuff.

But I have two problem areas with Act!. 1. The five way navigation button doesn't work well (especially on the main contact page) and I have to tap a lot of stuff including the telephony.

And 2. it is very dificult to get the email address to Snappermail to send an Email.
    Do you also struggle a bit with these two items? or have you found a fix?

Curt
    I'm glad to hear from at least one person that the new palm software syncs well with Act 6.0. I just ordered the Act 6.0 and the palm software yesterday, and I would be deeply disappointed if it did not work the way that it is advertised.
    I also use the ACT 6! with the Act for Palm program because of work. I find this program clunky at best. What 5way button?--it doesn't work worth a darn. Plus the program hogs two buttons (one of which is the phone) and you can't map them for anything else. Your stuck with the ACT default. Without this bloated piece of crap I would seldom need a stylus at all. Forget about sync with both home and work PC. It's one or the other--pick wisely. If you convert a database to ACT format--that's it-no turning back, so plan accordingly. I loved my addressbook with my Palm M130, but the company does what it does. Now I have a 1000 contact database forever tired to this 200$ TURKEY, oh my.

but I don't really have an opinion.

john
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubba23
    I also use the ACT 6! with the Act for Palm program because of work. I find this program clunky at best. What 5way button?--it doesn't work worth a darn. Plus the program hogs two buttons (one of which is the phone) and you can't map them for anything else. Your stuck with the ACT default. Without this bloated piece of crap I would seldom need a stylus at all. Forget about sync with both home and work PC. It's one or the other--pick wisely. If you convert a database to ACT format--that's it-no turning back, so plan accordingly. I loved my addressbook with my Palm M130, but the company does what it does. Now I have a 1000 contact database forever tired to this 200$ TURKEY, oh my.

john
    I talked to someone at Act that thought that they (Best Software) was working on a version or update to use the 5 way navigation button and also mybe make the telephony work better and the email linked to other software email programs. Time always tells the greatest truth!
    Curt
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubba23

john
    Call Act (Best Software) at 888-855-5222 (ACT!)

Ask for an update to work with the Treo 600 5 way navigation button and I would love to have the Email address trigger my Snapper Email program because you have to retype the email address into snapper mail

Call them and tell them they are using the tap - tap technology that is at least one generation of smart phones old.

Curt
    Last edited by curtarmy; 07/21/2004 at 09:18 AM.
    I purchased ACT6 and Act for Palm and the Palm part is a real disappointment. Looks like 2-3 year old stuff. I finally settled on Time & Chaos with their Palm conduit. This uses the built in databases but works fine for me. One cool thing, T&C has this thing that you can purchase all their software they make for like $80.

Mark
    I agree that there are some issues with the functionality. It is more difficult to use than the built in address book for dialing no argument from me.

Also the nav button does not work as expected.

Finally the email is not linked to anything so you cannot look up an email address in the ACT! address book for email like Snappermail.

I do have the same concerns you do - and there is currently no fix for these issues.

However for ACT! data that you need in the field - there is no better solution.

-Bud

>>But I have two problem area with Act!. 1. The five way navigation button doesn't work well (especially on the main contact page) and I have to tap a lot of stuff including the telephony.

And 2. it is very dificult to get the email address to Snappermail to send an Email.
    Do you also struggle a bit with these two items? or have you found a fix?<<