1.    #1  
    Well, after all the crap I went through with the GSM version...I picked up a Sprint CDMA version at Best Buy for $449.99 after instant rebates (...one year contract required). I can already say...this baby is much better. I like the color better, the data is FAST on Sprint, and keyboard doesn't look as cheap with the backlight on. To make myself clear, the GSM version's silver keys let too much light through IMO...making the keyboard "look cheap" to me (...especially the space bar).

In spite of how happy I am with the CDMA Treo 600, there are two things that I need to ask about.

1.) It appears that the blue backlight behind the phone quick launch button doesn't work. In other words, the left-most silver button never lights...but the other three light just fine. This is not a big deal...but if its suppose to light, I'll want to get this checked out.

2.) I noticed the yellowish tones along the top right hand edge that many have mentioned. I adjusted the brightness and contrast to suit my tastes and the yellowish tone almost disappear. I have Rev C hardware. Have folks here determined that this is common for all Rev C hardware? Maybe even normal? Just thought I would ask.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the CDMA Treo 600 and even Sprint so far. Unlimited data for $15 is an AWESOME deal!!

Thanks for your thoughts!
    1. EVERY button should have a backlight... EVERY button.

2. Pretty normal..for some reason RevC has the worst screens I have seen on all 3 revs.
    i've seen no difference in screens on rev. A & C. i've had both and set the brightness/contrast the same. the only differences i've noticed are volume buttons on A are chrome & B is silver. every other difference, IMO, is hard to notice & even harder to prove that it's caused by a hardware revision.
    Originally posted by peyote
    i've seen no difference in screens on rev. A & C. i've had both and set the brightness/contrast the same. the only differences i've noticed are volume buttons on A are chrome & B is silver. every other difference, IMO, is hard to notice & even harder to prove that it's caused by a hardware revision.
    I have had 1 Rev A, 1 Rev B and 3 Rev C's Side by side the RevCs are not as bright and appear slightly yellowish compared to the other 2
    Originally posted by zipdrive007
    1. EVERY button should have a backlight... EVERY button.

2. Pretty normal..for some reason RevC has the worst screens I have seen on all 3 revs.
    I have a C and I see no yellowing at all on the screen. It actually looks the same as the B I had. I don't think I would blame this on a revision but an individual, or several individual, units.

Josh
  6.    #6  
    Thanks to those who replied. I went back to Best Buy yesterday and explained the whole button light thing. All I had to do was show it to the BB tech...and he went over to the Mobile Phone section and got me new Treo 600. I opened and tested it in the store....no need to leave with another defective one. All the buttons light up and the screen seems better!! There's still a slight yellow tint at the top, but not as bad as the first one. A quick contrast adjustment made it virtually invisible!

I did have one small problem... When the Sprint agent switched my ESN and activated the new Treo, he typed my number incorrectly. Neither of us noticed at first. When I tried to make a call, I would just get a message saying "unable of verify" or something like that. After I got home, I checked the rev (...rev C just like the first one) and noticed that my number was off by one digit. I called Sprint and explained the situation. The CS rep gave me a code to start activation....it didn't work. She then gave me another code that worked just fine. I fixed my number and this baby has been working ever since!!

I think the first number she gave me was the "one-time" activation number. The Sprint agent probably used the same number in the store and that's why it didn't work for me. The SECOND number she gave me must be the one for that will always work!! I've heard that this is not normally givin out and is a good thing to have...especially if you ever want to activate the phone on another carrier.

Just wanted to give you an update...thanks again!!