1.    #1  
    tried getting the t3 enhanced PIM apps to work on the treo 600... short story... they do not work because of the interface between the phone and the address book application...

you can have the enhanced pim... but you'll sacrifice integration with the phone book.

Also... all the enhanced PIM are not 5-way capable (maybe with a hack)

since the contacts doesnt work... u cant use any of the other apps bc there is a central 'conduit' that allows programs to sync to the new apps... thus u cant install the task list individually unless you want todo list and task list with separate databases of tasks

-n
    DateBook5 uses the default DB for it's information storage. There is also a release which adds some functionality for the 5-way. I am glad to see them supporting this since I could not live without my DB5 after moving to the Treo600.
    Originally posted by wolfbeast
    tried getting the t3 enhanced PIM apps to work on the treo 600... short story... they do not work because of the interface between the phone and the address book application...

you can have the enhanced pim... but you'll sacrifice integration with the phone book.

Also... all the enhanced PIM are not 5-way capable (maybe with a hack)

since the contacts doesnt work... u cant use any of the other apps bc there is a central 'conduit' that allows programs to sync to the new apps... thus u cant install the task list individually unless you want todo list and task list with separate databases of tasks

-n
    Thanks alot for finally for finally pointing this out! I was actually asking about this same question a while ago in another thread until it was unfortunately hijacked by the purple people.

Anyway, I'ld like to try out Datebook5 but it seems like a bit to compicated for me...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I realize that having a non-phone-integrated Contacts database is not desireable. I was wondering if the T3 PIM apps replace the Treo's built in PIM apps, or does it exist together (perhaps slightly altered name or something).

If you can simultaneously have both sets of PIMs, that could be advantageous for people who want to keep their personal and work info. entirely separate in independent databases. This is something I would like to do, but have no experience with existing possible solutions like Beyond Contacts etc. Would the T3 PIMs provide such an unintended solution if added to the T600?
    My first handheld device was a Kyocera 6035 - and one week after I purchased it, I came across Datebook5 and the next day, purchased it. I have used it since then on the five pda's I have had up to and including the Treo 600. The learning curve is nothing for its basic functions - the same as the built in one. What takes a bit more time is the repeat functions and "number of times to repeat," and "age" features. I use both features on repeating events and birthdays. It is not a difficult program to learn or use.

Ben

-------------

Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Thanks alot for finally for finally pointing this out! I was actually asking about this same question a while ago in another thread until it was unfortunately hijacked by the purple people.

Anyway, I'ld like to try out Datebook5 but it seems like a bit to compicated for me...
    Does anyone think that this may be available in the future? I must say that I played witha T3 hands on and would LOVE to have that PIM functionality on my Treo.

Now, I'm an Agendus Pro user, a
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

I decided to install DateBk5 three weeks ago. I'm sure I'm using only 20% of its extra features compared to the built-in calendar but even this 20% justifies buying it. My 2 cts.