Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have mourned the fact that Bigclock doesn't work well on the 600, but with the latest (beta) version of Bob's Alarm (v19911), I am convinced that I have a winner. Evidently, it's hard to work a snooze alarm with the 600 and keyguard, but Bob has done it. He works hard on this program, and it's only $5.

I got the latest (beta) at:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_S...Beta_versions/

I had to join the group to get to this link.

x
    I must agree so far the best one with the T6..works with keyguard on and all!
    bump
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    This is one of the best apps for the 600. I love Bob!!!!
    I've been using the Calendar app and placing a repeating wake-up event with an alarm at the times I want to wake up daily. It's worked well, is loud enough, and since the alarm event uses the selectible calendar MIDI tone, I can get some nice ringers, but it's no alarm app. I'm gonna try Bob's.
    I've been using the Calendar app and placing a repeating wake-up event with an alarm at the times I want to wake up daily. It's worked well, is loud enough, and since the alarm event uses the selectible calendar MIDI tone, I can get some nice ringers, but it's no alarm app. I'm gonna try Bob's.
    It works great, even went ahead to purchase it to support Bob. Did anyone else notice this. Lets say u set a alarm for a hour from now and you leave the t600 wireless on. If you get a text message before its time for the alarm, until you clear out the txt msg (which you probably would not if ur asleep) it will lock up the alarm. Is there anyway around this? Wanta leave the phone on in ciase I have that emergency call during the night, but I dont want it to stop the alarm from working.

Please help.

Isaac
    Originally posted by yitzchakis
    It works great, even went ahead to purchase it to support Bob. Did anyone else notice this. Lets say u set a alarm for a hour from now and you leave the t600 wireless on. If you get a text message before its time for the alarm, until you clear out the txt msg (which you probably would not if ur asleep) it will lock up the alarm. Is there anyway around this? Wanta leave the phone on in ciase I have that emergency call during the night, but I dont want it to stop the alarm from working.

Please help.

Isaac
    Ugg this could be a big problem.. I will have to try and repro it
    thanks Bob! Still gonna use ur product. Just keep the phone off till u come up with your plan
    confirmed flaw with the text message thing
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jmbailey
    I have mourned the fact that Bigclock doesn't work well on the 600, but with the latest (beta) version of Bob's Alarm (v19911), I am convinced that I have a winner. Evidently, it's hard to work a snooze alarm with the 600 and keyguard, but Bob has done it. He works hard on this program, and it's only $5.

I got the latest (beta) at:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_S...Beta_versions/

I had to join the group to get to this link.

x
    What kind of a stupid way is this to share software? Go to a Yahoo user's group with 500 messages? Where is the link to the latest software?
    Its the most instantaneous way for me to lose interest in something...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    This is they way that many small software developers work. If you go to the group you will note that there has been a new update almost every day for weeks. Would you rather his time was spent updating webpages with new software betas every day, or he spent the time developing the software to make it flawless?
    You can also get it from here but be warned that it is a few versions behind the latest beta.
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    Originally posted by yitzchakis

Please help.

Isaac
    Well there one possible solution which unfortunately might not be a real solution at all! If you use Treohelper's sms trigger functions, you can specify it to automatically delete the incoming SMS...however this does you know good if you actually want to read them! This whole thing could be solved if PBJTime was finally ported to the Treo600. That way you could specify Treohelper to recognized all SMS's and then copy them to the PBJTime clipboard for later viewing. That would solve the problem of the text message popup and would then not interfere with Bob's Alarm...

Btw...Bob's alarm works great!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    What about MegaClock? The version I have (1.92) is an excellent alarm/timer/toaster program, has cool graphical faces, and works fine with the keyguard on (hint: hit the center button when the alarm goes off to disable the keyguard, then kill the alarm or snooze or whatever). Also, my SMS messages stack up BEHIND it. E.g., when I cleared my alarm this morning, I had three text messages waiting.
    Originally posted by zipdrive007
    confirmed flaw with the text message thing

Has this been fixed yet? I bought Bob's Alarm already, but if this is still a problem then I can't rely on it.
    switched to Mega Clock 1.92. Works awesome!
    Just bought MegaClock 1.92 yesterday. Works just as expected, and looks good. Woke me up this morning, which is all I wanted.
    anybody having any issues with getting vibrate to work with Bob's alarm on the 600? I've been posting on his yahoo board, but wondering if anyone here has the same problem?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast