1.    #1  
    I tried backing up to the card with BackupbuddyVFS in my Treo 600 GSM, then a hard reset, then restoring from the card to insure that it would in fact work. Everything worked except Filez 5.22, and starting Filez caused a soft reset.

I searched for a solution in the forum and found things critical of backupbuddy on OS5, but nothing filez specific.

Any ideas? The ability to restore from the SD card is one of the great advantages of the Treo 600.
    I like Backupman. I've had no problems and I also use filez. Backupman also works with keyguard activated.
    I use both BackupBuddyVFS and FileZ and they work fine on my Treo 600 CDMA. Why don't you try removing FileZ, then a soft reset, and reinstall it again. They should be able to exist together without any reset errors.
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I have probs with both apps too.

Filez is not able to "see" some apps though they are installed and launchable.

BuBVFS sometimes "forget" to back up apps, so they are missing .... For example Agendus is missing at every third backup ...
    RTFM
    According to the Blue Nomad website:

"BackupBuddyVFS is designed to work with organizers that support the Virtual File System (VFS), such as the Palm m125, m500, m505, m705, and the Sony Clie. Please note: OS 5 Devices including Palm Tungsten are not supported at this time"

Might this explain some of the above issues?
  6. tdf
    I have my 600 set to back up to the SD card in the middle of the night but the backup gets hung up because of the keyguard. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what is the workaround? Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    It is the restored version of Filez that doesn't work. Filez and BackupbuddyVFS both work, but when I tested BackupbuddyVFS, Filez doesn't work. I tried this twice, verifying Filez worked before the backup, and worked after the backup but before the restore.

It would be alarming if backups randomly failed to backup files!
    The keyguard problem is why I switch to BackupMan - it works around that issue and breezes right along.

Ben

-------------

Originally posted by tdf
    I have my 600 set to back up to the SD card in the middle of the night but the backup gets hung up because of the keyguard. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what is the workaround? Thanks.