1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where I can get a free road map of NYC(manhattan is what I really need) for the TRO 600??
    If there is a sharewhere version, I would considering purchasing it.
    If anyone wants to share a copy by posting it, that would really be great.

Thanks
    I was looking for something similar before - a map of the manhattan subway system, but didn't find anything free that actually showed up nicely. What i ended up doing was just bookmarking the NYC subway map website from teh MTA and saved it for "offline viewing". That way, I can load it up whenever I want (even in the subway!), and then I just change the view to "Wide Page mode" to see the detail - and it works great. You can consider a similar solution for manhattan driving, but with yahoo! maps.
  3.    #3  
    There are actually a few free NYC subway maps out there.
    Try www.memoware.com
    Yahoo maps are too small. Its a nice idea, however. I would like a road map of manhattan.

Any other ideas??
    just of manhattan?

get a manhattan bus map. very detailed.

i use the bus maps to find places i'm not too familiar with. not that I take the bus anywhere.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by mlrubinstein
    There are actually a few free NYC subway maps out there.
    Try www.memoware.com
    Yahoo maps are too small. Its a nice idea, however. I would like a road map of manhattan.

Any other ideas??
    For subways connections in any city (not maps) check out the wonderful "Metro" program. You should be able to find it at palmgear.com.
    I found metro useless (at least for nyc subway). I'd rather see a map than list of subway stops.
    Originally posted by petesamprs
    I found metro useless (at least for nyc subway). I'd rather see a map than list of subway stops.
    I find it very useful for the DC area, perhaps because it is less dense and interconnected than NY.
    I found tiny viewer was incompatible with Treo 600 when I loaded it.

Caused soft resets.

Ben
    Ben,
    Same problem here with Tiny Viewer. Any other ideas? For now I'm content with just using the offline saved MTA webpage. Anyone know if its possible to make a favorite load up in "Wide Page Mode" as a default?
    You can get a free Fireviewer map of NYC city subway here. There's tons of free maps that you can download at Fireviewer.com.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The maps might be free, but it seems the viewer is $30. Not a big fan of paying that much to view a subway map.
    The maps might be free, but it seems the viewer is $30. Not a big fan of paying that much to view a subway map.
    Actually, you can download a trial of the Fireviewer utility viewer here. The trial is for 15 days and thereafter there is a slight delay each time you launch, but it works...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    sorry, i dont know if this helps as I do not yet have a treo 600 but...

couldnt you just convert a .pdf to an image and load it on your treo?

just do a google search for subway map and NYC, and you should get a page from the MTA.

I do it all the time...(SI Bus maps come in handy for checking out real estate)
    gfunk,
    fireviewer is so hot. works awesome with large pictures since you can scroll easily and zoom in/out. thanks.

ml,
    Here's a great site to use for manhattan maps that can be viewed in detail w/ fireviewer:

http://www.easysurf.cc/nymap2.htm

You will have to save each large jpeg image and convert to pdb using the fireviewer website (www.fireviewer.com)

I suggest you load these pics onto your SD card instead of the palm memory, since they are about 2.5-3mb each. They look great though with awesome detail.

cruel,
    PDF's look like a disaster using adobe's palm pdf viewer. all the pdf's i've tried as maps were not clear enough to decipher anything.
    Hey Pete, Thanks for the link to the Manhattan maps! I asume you converted the maps with 8-bit color depth? I couldn't get Fireviewer to open them when I converted them to 16 bit color... Anway, the maps look awesome! (even on the tiny Treo screen! ) I especially like how you can zoom in an out!

I first tried 16-bit color compression, and it worked and looked fine. Then I tried no compression to eliminate the "Decrompressing" screen, but it still shows me it. Either way, it's only a 2-3 second load time so it's still pretty cool. These maps, along with the subway map, are really cool and useful.

thanks for getting this started mlrub...
    You might be better off paying for an up-to-date version of the subway map here, if interested. The other such maps listed are from 2001:

http://software.palm.com/PlatformPro...roductId=44985
    cruel,
    PDF's look like a disaster using adobe's palm pdf viewer. all the pdf's i've tried as maps were not clear enough to decipher anything.
    Actually my suggestion was to convert it to an image, not to leave it in adobe format.
    You might try Vindigo... I used it last month on a trip to NYC and found it very helpful. A subscription is $25/yr but they have shorter term deals and a free trial to check it out.

I travel quite a bit and find the subscription cost worth the money --- however, your mileage may vary.