1.    #1  
    Donkey Kong is one of my favorite games of all times. Does anyone know if it's available for the Treo 600?

Thanks,
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    You can download NesEm from Kalemsoft (www.kalemsoft.com) and if you have the NES ROM of Donkey Kong, it works quite well.

There may be a Donkey Kong ROM for Game Gear as well... And if so, their Gizmo Game Gear emulator is supposed to be awesome...
  3.    #3  
    Tic-Tac,

I have everything downloaded on my desktop, but I can't get the ROM into my Palm install box. I pull up the box and all I can see is the Gizmo folder. I don't see the actual app under "SMS" or "GG". What do I need to do to put the app into my Palm install box?

Thanks,
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Hey treosixoo:

Well, sorry if my last post was confusing, but let me clarify a few things about Kalemsoft's products:

NesEm is the Nintendo emulator. It works with NES ROMS, such as Super Mario Bros., Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, etc. And there is a Donkey Kong ROM for NES. (Nintendo publishes and owns the DK franchise.)

Gizmo is their Sega Game Gear/Master System emulator. It works with Game Gear ROMs like Sonic, etc. As far as I know (and I've searched a little bit to confirm), there is no Donkey Kong ROM for Sega Game Gear. Makes sense as Nintendo does not license its games to other platforms.

So, if you have the DK NES ROM, you need to download the Treo version of NesEM. The trial version will be fine as the DK ROM is under 40K. (Make sure you don't have the MAME ROM of DK... Whole 'nother animal...)

Once you have it, you'll need to use Kalemsoft's ROM installer to convert the ROM to a PRC, which you can then Hotsync to your T600. It will then automatically show up in NesEm's window of available games.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any more info!

Pic' for ya!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #6  
    Hi Tic-Tac,

I downloaded NesEm Demo & Rom Installer onto my PC desktop. NesEm Demo shows up on the desktop as a prc. file. Rom Installer shows up in a folder with a few items in it. When I open the folder and click on the installer.exe file, my Palm app install box opens, I choose the user, but I cannot put the nes2pdb.exe file in there (as they say to do) because only the Rom folder is showing up.

Now, I just installed the NesEm Demo into my treo 600 and it shows up. I can open the app, but it doesn't do or show anything. I can adjust the settings, but cannot see the game on the screen.

What next?

Thanks,
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    OK, you're nearly there. I could not get their ROM installer to work, actually, so here's what I did:

Move your DK ROM to the folder with the nes2pdb executable. Take your DK ROM and drag it on top of the nes2pdb.exe. It will look like a DOS prompt window opens for sec then closes. Then refresh the window/folder view. The app should have made a copy of the ROM only now as a PDB file. Hotsync it to your phone and you are there!
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by tic-tac
    Move your DK ROM to the folder with the nes2pdb executable. Take your DK ROM and drag it on top of the nes2pdb.exe. It will look like a DOS prompt window opens for sec then closes. Then refresh the window/folder view. The app should have made a copy of the ROM only now as a PDB file.

App did not copy.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    OK, check to make sure of the following:

1) Your Donkey Kong ROM is in the same folder as the nes2pdb application.

2) That you've refreshed your window to make sure it's not actually lurking there once you've dragged it on top of the app. Sometimes you have to close the folder window and re-open it.

3) Make sure your DK ROM is in fact a NES ROM.

If all that fails, e-mail me and we'll work something out.
    Hey all. I just got the T600, and I am really excited about trying NES ROM's on it. The softwares website says that it is not fully compatible with the Treo though. I know this is because of the 160x160 screen, but does it work well enough to buy it?
    I'm having a lot of fun with it - the pics are very small, so games with text (like most RPG games) are not really playable, but it is a lot of fun to play Mario games, Megaman...etc.
    Thanks Bujin. Do you have trouble getting out of the program? One guy on here said he had to soft reset just to get out of it. Do you have this problem too?
    I've never had that problem - works like a champ!

Not all games work on it; once in a while you get an error message, but I've never had a crash or needed a reset with NesEm.
    Which is the correct version of the NesEm to use. I was able to get it running, but the performance is only OK. I'm trying it with Donkey Kong. Is there a better ROM to test with? If so, please attach it here or post a link or at least the name.

Thanks...
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by WFTarHeel
    Which is the correct version of the NesEm to use. I was able to get it running, but the performance is only OK. I'm trying it with Donkey Kong. Is there a better ROM to test with? If so, please attach it here or post a link or at least the name.

Thanks...
    If you have not paid for the ROM yet, 1.3 demo is the only one you can use. If you paid for 1.3 you can download 1.4 beta, which is much better than 1.3. Although, versions 1.3 & 1.4b are not that smooth.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Is there any way to work around the problem that the program won't let me set the power off and on buttun for the screen (next to the email button on the right side) as button B? For Nintendo, the pad was operated by your left thumb, and the buttons A and B with your right thumb. This doesn't seem to work with the trial emulator at least.