Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    After installing and removing several pieces of software on my T600 I noticed that I can neither send nor receive beamed information. I must have deleted a key file for beaming.

Whats the best way to remedy this?

Steve
    Sorry if I'm insulting you, but is it possible you crashed or did a hard reset and your "beam receive" was reset to "off" in preferences?

I don't believe you can delete parts of the OS very easily.

cluemeister
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Cluemeister
    Sorry if I'm insulting you, but is it possible you crashed or did a hard reset and your "beam receive" was reset to "off" in preferences?

cluemeister
    It didn't reset that I'm aware of. I checked the status of the beam receive and its set to on.

<shrug>
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Cluemeister

cluemeister
    It didn't reset that I'm aware of. I checked the status of the beam receive and its set to on.

<shrug>
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Originally posted by backdoc

<shrug>
    BUMP

The error that I get is:

! Could not initialize library.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Are you by chance using the Treo Portable Keyboard? If so, when the Keyboard App is "ON", you cannot perform any actions via infrared. When this app is enabled, it takes over the serial port and any other apps trying to use the port are denied. Switch the app to "OFF" and you should be able to beam trouble free. Hope this helps.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jeeter
    Are you by chance using the Treo Portable Keyboard? If so, when the Keyboard App is "ON", you cannot perform any actions via infrared. When this app is enabled, it takes over the serial port and any other apps trying to use the port are denied. Switch the app to "OFF" and you should be able to beam trouble free. Hope this helps.
    That was it!

Thank you so much. Thats why I love these groups.

Steve