Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any one had any experience with their Treo 600 crashing from inserting the sync 'n' charg in their device?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    My sync/charge cable continuously causes hard reset, too. I bought it about a year back when I was using Treo 300. The odd thing is it has been working fine with Treo 600 for a couple weeks.

I've found if I plug in the cable to Treo first before connect it to my laptop, it works fine. If I go other way around, I experience hard reset!
    been using it for about a month and did not have one reset

Fred
    I have used it for about 2 weeks€
    Yes. I used it for about one month with no problems. All of the sudden I have experienced 2 hard resets this week at work. Not a big deal since I can restore everything immediately. But I have decided to purchase an additional cradle.

I don't know why is doing it since I am not doing anything different.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Has anyone noticed that when the battery level is below half and you try to use the boxwave cable the Treo starts to charge then goes back to flashing its green light and then starts charging and then back to flashing green? It keeps doing this until I get so annoyed that I just unplug the damn thing and put it on the wall charger which is also incredibly annoying because it hums at very high pitch.
    All noobs click here
    I thought my cable was broken until I saw this thread. Only had the hard reset once but the charging problem when the battery is at low percentage is driving me nuts.

Could this have anything to with the firmware upgrade?
    What version of the Treo are you people using? If you know the hardware Rev letter post that as well.
    GSM Rev A firmware 2.09.

Connecting the cable to a Dell laptop.
    Originally posted by Johndw
    Any one had any experience with their Treo 600 crashing from inserting the sync 'n' charg in their device?
    I had one from boxwave that did that, they replaced it and it has never happend again.
    CDMA Version C.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    When I first got my Treo 600 I used the old Treo 300 car charger cable which was 3rd party. After my third hard reset I bought Botzam Backup and decided to buy some OEM car chargers. Bought them very cheap on ebay from Dan's Cellular Accessories.

Don't use third party Treo 300 cables on the 600, there is a problem with some of them.
    I haven't had the reset issue - but my battery indicator is showing almost empty while charging on the sync-n-charge cable.

I have another issue, though - when I connect it to my laptop (Dell Latitude 400) I get a warning on the laptop that the power consumption on the USB port is excessive. The message pops up two or three times, then the port gets shut down for data... it takes a reboot to reenable it. Power still flows, though...

I'm on a T600 (AWS), FW 2.04 HW B and SW 1.07.
    Now having the same issue. Anyone have the flashing red and green led when charging and then when you pull out the cable it resets or tries to but hangs on the PalmOne screen leaving you nochoice but to Hard reset. I dont resync, put any 3rd party apps on and still have the same issue....anyone? Spent several hours this eve trying to trouble shout and I am about to see if the Treo 600 is aerodynamic while being hurled across my yard.

Any reply here is welcome
    Wow!
    After reading this thread I doubt I'll purchase a sync & charger cable.
    I'm currently using the charging cable that came with my Treo600 and was concidering on purchasing one that syncs and charges but I doubt I'll be doing that now.
    I never had any problems with the outlet charger though. Not even the high pitch hum that Producer mentioned. The light just stays red until it finish charging which then turns green.
    Oh, plus I recently had an upgrade from firmware 2.09 to 2.12 and haven't had any problems. As a matter of fact it has fixed some of the issues I had with fw 2.09.
    I actually tried to get fw 3.04 but that didn't work cause it locked my unlocked phone so I settled for fw 2.12.
    Personally I think that all of these problems are due to the chargers being third party.
    (Of course, I could be wrong)
    My Boxwave cable caused my Treo to hard reset about two weeks ago. I bought Back Up Buddy and stopped using the cable.
  17. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    this has happened to me numerous times. i think it is when i plug in/out at an angle so that some of the contacts are made ahead of others.
    I had the same problem with one of these. Turns out that if you remove it at an angle, you can twist some of the terminal wires on the Treo. Worse than hard reset... it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it into the External Battery and had a resurrection.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    My Boxwave cable caused my Treo to hard reset about two weeks ago. I bought Back Up Buddy and stopped using the cable.
    ME TOO!! I was using the Boxwave minisync + ac adapter to charge my Treo, and when I plugged it it the Treo just went dead...no chraging tone, nothing. I removed the minisync and tried to turn it one and nothing happenned. So I did a soft reset and found the Treo had done a hard reset and my Ram was empty!! It really sucked b/c I hadn't had a chance to hotsync or backup that day and I had entered alot of new phone numbers...all lost! That really sucked! Anyway, did a backupman restore with my latest backup-set and plugged it again to the minisync and guess what...ANOTHER HARD RESET!! Twice in a row and I couldn't believe it! Bill Petro is right about the angle of how you insert the minisync (or whatever sync charge cable your using). When I try to insert carefully, this doesn't happen, but if at an agle it sometimes causes a hard reset...

Also...I've never expereiced a hard reset while attaching the minisync to my PC usb port...only via the AC adapter. I dunno if that pertinant...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDucer
    Has anyone noticed that when the battery level is below half and you try to use the boxwave cable the Treo starts to charge then goes back to flashing its green light and then starts charging and then back to flashing green? It keeps doing this until I get so annoyed that I just unplug the damn thing and put it on the wall charger which is also incredibly annoying because it hums at very high pitch.

Why not just use Treobutler to disable the LED and be done with it? Also, I've never experienced the hum you describe...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast