Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    As my earlier request got caught in the crossfire of a minor flame war, I'll ask again, with apologies for the redundancy:
    Has anyone tried accessing AOL mail via third-party POP3 proxies such as IzyMail and a mail client like SnapperMail? If so, how well does it work? I want to be able to send and receive attachments through my AOL address. The AOL mail apps (3.0 and 3.1) don't support attachments, and I think this might be a way to work around it.

Rusty J
    TT3 + SE T616
    (probably will return these and get a T600)
    Izymail is a great alternative to recieve your AOL mail using Snappermail and be able to recieve attachements. I used it and it works great. As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, the only annoying issue that I had with izymail is that it would always send all emails to me since the last time I checked them via SM regardless if I had already logged into AOL via my pc and got my emails there. So I was having to either see those emails twice, or monitor the downloads and tap on "skip" to avoid downloading the message again as it was being downloaded via SM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by millerhifi
    [B]Izymail is a great alternative to recieve your AOL mail using Snappermail and be able to recieve attachements. I used it and it works great.

millerhifi

Is Izymail a stand alone application or is it a part of Snappermail? Is a stand along, then, do you have a link on where to acquire? Thanks in advance.
    It's a stand alone service:

http://izymail.com/imo_default.aspx
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone