1.    #1  
    That is their price till 11/29/03. Best Buy is offering a $50 instant rebate
    ($599 - $50 = $549) that has no strings attached. Of course you can pile on whatever Sprint rebates for added savings. But if you just want a new Treo 600 and are not opening a new line of service it is a deal to consider.
    Can't find it in bestbuy.com

Is it an in-store item only?
  3.    #3  
    I've never seen the Treo 600 anywhere on BestBuy.com . What I saw was in the store.

Call you local BestBuy and ask them, if you want to know before heading out to see for yourself.
    Best Buy also had this week a $150 Sprint instant rebate making it $399.00+tax out the door for new customers!

Nightraider
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Nightraider
    Best Buy also had this week a $150 Sprint instant rebate making it $399.00+tax out the door for new customers!

Nightraider
    That extra $150 rebate has a 2 year hook (agreement) attached to it .
  6.    #6  
    Best Buy has extended their $50 off the top deal till Saturday 12/6/03 . That's $50 off the top with NO STRINGS.
    If you don't mind the 2 year agreement Franklin Covey is selling the phone for $599.99, less $150.00 Sprint instant rebate, less $80.00 Franklin Covey mail-in rebate. Saw it at the store today.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8.    #8  
    Best Buy can't order enough of these things! I went to 2 Best Buys tonight and BOTH WERE SOLD OUT of Treo 600s!
  9.    #9  
    The Best Buys in my area all get their shipments in on Thursday night after hours. So they all have fresh new Treos in today. Some stores have more in stock than others. One store only had 1 coming in and others have many with their shipment.

I got mine! And for an extra $80 I also got their 3 year replacement plan. I figure that beats paying Sprint $4 a month plus a $35 deductable if/when I need a replacement. Also, the cost of the Treo can be put towards another different device in the future. I know some folks have had issues with trying to upgrade Treo 300s to 600s, but I figure it's better than Sprint's replacement provider that offers no options other than refurbished Treos. Atleast with Best Buy if I only got the same thing it would be BRAND NEW.

So all said I like what I got from Best Buys being a current Sprint (Treo 300) customer who did not want to get a new phone plan.
    Darnell

I want to ask a friend in the USA to buy the Treo600 from BestBuy too so i have questions for you..

- How much did you pay for the Treo600 outright from BB?

- Is it unlocked? (i need that to make it work in my country)

- Which carrier version is it? Sprint, Cingular, Tmobile? silver or black version?

- Do i have to sign up with any plans?? i hope not becaues this treo is for export.

- is there anything i should be concerned about since unit is for export?

Thanks!!
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by gelco
    Darnell

I want to ask a friend in the USA to buy the Treo600 from BestBuy too so i have questions for you..

- How much did you pay for the Treo600 outright from BB?
    $549 + tax. The tax rate varies depending on where purchased. Some US states have no sales tax.

- Is it unlocked? (i need that to make it work in my country)
    I don't know. Looks like mine was built for Sprint out the box. I've never needed an "unlocked" Treo, so I really would not know one was unlocked if I saw it.

- Which carrier version is it? Sprint, Cingular, Tmobile? silver or black version?
    Sprint, Black.

- Do i have to sign up with any plans?? i hope not becaues this treo is for export.
    No. You can buy it with no plan. When I got mine I just told them I already had a plan and would activate the phone at home on my own time. No more questions were asked and they made the sale.

- is there anything i should be concerned about since unit is for export?
    I would not know. I've never had to export a Treo. I'm a Sprint customer. And the Treos on sale at BB are made for Sprint far as I know.
    thx for info